Home Garages.

philw696

Been a lot of talk lately on Garages.
This is my neighbours one.
No exotic cars inside this is for storing his boat and fishing gear the guys love fishing down here.IMG_20170405_093102.jpg

hoyin

Talking of garages. I am going to do some work to my "new" garage. Going to take up the old floor which has some thin ply sheeting on it and get some levelling screed on it and refinish it.

Anyone want to offer their opinions on what I should cover it with?

My thought was just to paint it with a floor paint. What have you done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leeq61

Talking of garages. I am going to do some work to my "new" garage. Going to take up the old floor which has some thin ply sheeting on it and get some levelling screed on it and refinish it.

I used to have a painted garage floor but when i was parking my car back in the garage the tyres where warm so used to lift the paint and i got fed up of repainting the floor. I now have rubber click tiles which are much better, although quite costly.

Jkulin

Hoyin, I'm surprised at you, you design beautiful places for people to work and live in yet you are asking this lot for their thoughts? lol

2b1ask1

Special case

No brainer = Italian tiles naturally!

Team GCR

Non slip porcelain tiles, both my garage floors are finished in them and I have been really pleased.

rockits

Get the right paint & it is one of the cheapest solutions. My brother has it in his unit with up to 25 cars in/out like a yo-yo and has been fine.

I expected you to do a polished concrete finish or something fancy in your line of work

hoyin

Actually that is what I was thinking of polished concrete.

But always good to ask everyday users their experiences.

I haven't designed and built many garages.

If you want a company headquarters or new art gallery ...... I am your man.

Ebenezer

You're missing a trick then - you could knock these out in your coffee break! - not much difference between an art gallery and a garage full of exotic metal...

Since I wasn't an architect, and I didn't know that I was going to be the lucky owner of a mahoosive QP down the road, the bomb proof garage that I built is 4in too short for a QP (constrained by boundary at the back and tree at the front), so the mazza has to slum it outside next to the garage.

Toying with the idea of a "double car port" thing to provide some protection, but since this would be open at the sides, would it provide any real protection apart from bird sh!t/ vertical rain. How about dust etc. Any one have any experience?

And Hoyin what could an uber cool art installation mazza HQ car port look like if I was to try and avoid timber 4x4 verticals and a plastic corrugated roof?! :)
Eb