Home Garages.

2b1ask1

Special case
What could an uber cool art installation mazza HQ car port look like if I was to try and avoid timber 4x4 verticals and a plastic corrugated roof?! :)
Eb

Green oak frame, very tasteful IMHO...
IMG_0590.jpg

Corranga

Mine is barely double sized and detached, but is below ground level at the back, and has ground level diagonally up 2 sides. The walls are very slightly porous (well, i applied some tanking on the inside and it seems ok now, but then it's also dehumidifier...) and the floor has a drain in the middle, so isn't level (4 angles pointing towards drain).
Also slightly annoyingly, it was built with a roof terrace, which is stupid as I live next to a busy road, and the waterproof coating is too slippy and probably delicate to use. Just means the inside isn't as tall as the building would allow...

I dread the day I have to rebuild it, but at the same time, kinda expect it at some point :S

hoyin

You're missing a trick then - you could knock these out in your coffee break! - not much difference between an art gallery and a garage full of exotic metal...

Since I wasn't an architect, and I didn't know that I was going to be the lucky owner of a mahoosive QP down the road, the bomb proof garage that I built is 4in too short for a QP (constrained by boundary at the back and tree at the front), so the mazza has to slum it outside next to the garage.

Toying with the idea of a "double car port" thing to provide some protection, but since this would be open at the sides, would it provide any real protection apart from bird sh!t/ vertical rain. How about dust etc. Any one have any experience?

And Hoyin what could an uber cool art installation mazza HQ car port look like if I was to try and avoid timber 4x4 verticals and a plastic corrugated roof?! :)
Eb

I could show you exactly what it would look like. But you would probably have to sell your car to pay for my design fees :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk