4200 stupidly cheap 10k Needs to be gone by Friday

Wack61

Joking aside the one thing that's surprised me is you haven't attempted to sell it prior to now, I know you've had some bad luck with it but the money you've spent must make it worth more than 10k , it's also at the right time of year to sell.

I wouldn't even consider PXing mine after the laughable offer I got against a 25k QP last year

philw696

Wow go to bed and wake up to all this.
Always amazes me when you go to spend a wad of cash they kick you in the balls.
Time for the lurkers to come out :)

spkennyuk

If you have the origial back boxes mark put them back on it and sell the supersprints and recoup some more money that way.

GeoffCapes

Joking aside the one thing that's surprised me is you haven't attempted to sell it prior to now, I know you've had some bad luck with it but the money you've spent must make it worth more than 10k , it's also at the right time of year to sell.

I wouldn't even consider PXing mine after the laughable offer I got against a 25k QP last year

It is worth a lot more than 10k. But I haven't the room to keep 3 cars.

GeoffCapes

If you have the origial back boxes mark put them back on it and sell the supersprints and recoup some more money that way.

The Back boxes were already fitted when I got the car so nothing to put on it.
I've already had offers for them!

GeoffCapes

Store it at mine Mark...and then wait for the right punter.

Thanks for the offer Peter, but I'm putting the 9k to the GTS.
The rest of my money is tied up in a company takeover.
(It's a bit more complicated than that but that's the rough gist).

safrane

Well good luck with both endeavours...I know from bitter experience the pain of selling a Maser on the cheap, my 2003 went in 2011 around this time for just a few grand more than yours...and I still miss the old girl.

Wack61

Or maybe not :D

I'm going to use some man maths here , if you'd bought the GT a year ago it would have been 45k so your introduction to maserati ownership cost you nothing.

This may not stand up in a court of marriage

alfatwo

Just store it for a few months until you get a proper buyer...if you can't afford the part ex don't, and just walk away!

Dave

Andyk

Dave has a point.....there seems to be a few GTS heading towards 35k at the moment so if you do wait for the right buyer you may get a better deal. There is a lovely black one with red leather and black alcantara just come on the market on Autotrader which has just had variations done and some money spent on it and it's at 35995.

zagatoes30

If you don't need the money to make the GTS deal then don't trade it for peanuts. There are lots of storage options that would allow you to sell it privately for at at least a few grand more than you quick sale price.

GeoffCapes

Or maybe not :D

I'm going to use some man maths here , if you'd bought the GT a year ago it would have been 45k so your introduction to maserati ownership cost you nothing.

This may not stand up in a court of marriage

Ironically I used that one. But I didn't have the money last year. So can I claim that I have saved money?
Regardless. I buying it!

GeoffCapes

Just store it for a few months until you get a proper buyer...if you can't afford the part ex don't, and just walk away!

Dave

I can afford the part ex. That's why I'm part ex'ing it. However, if I can make a bit more, then why not?

Dave has a point.....there seems to be a few GTS heading towards 35k at the moment so if you do wait for the right buyer you may get a better deal. There is a lovely black one with red leather and black alcantara just come on the market on Autotrader which has just had variations done and some money spent on it and it's at 35995.

I didn't want a black car. There's loads of them. And I already have a black Merc. And I wanted full leather.
After seeing C4SMan's blue GTS at Horsham last year, I fell in love with that colour. So when I had the money I knew what I wanted.

If you don't need the money to make the GTS deal then don't trade it for peanuts. There are lots of storage options that would allow you to sell it privately for at at least a few grand more than you quick sale price.

It makes things easier if I trade mine in (or sell it for 10k), I've quite a few holidays I want to go on, and not have to worry about the £££'s 10k allows me to do that.