Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Verde (aka quattrofrommagio) is here!

urquattrogus

That name is a bit of a mouthful! Think I'll settle on QV.

Picked it up this Saturday and I'm already smitten!

I've only done 300 miles so far, so trying to be a little restrained (so difficult!)

I'm besotted!

In short the suspension is the most pliant and comfortable of any super saloon I have driven. I have been borrowing my fathers 6.2 C63 while my BMW is mothballed and also have his C7 RS6 to compare to.

It's comfortable and refined, smooth etc day to day.

But then when you pick up the pace oh boy does it respond!

You can feel the relatively light weight and all the work that went in!

Super fast accurate steering and an engine that also amazes. It can run on three cylinder one minute for economy and then dish out the full 500bhp and 450lbft or so of torque.

I was worried it would sound a bit restrained, which is does day to day, but put in in race mode and the sound is much better than I had hoped for, it's lovely! A real baritone bark and lots of fun using the paddles.

Only downside so far are the brakes which are difficult to bring the car to a smooth standstill with (electronic drive by wire believe it or not!?)

I even like the sat nave and media system so far, something i was worried about when coming from BMW professional Nav. It works well, but is maybe lacking in a few extra features. Hopefully that will change a little with software updates, it may even get apple car play it seems.

Any doubters should go and drive one, this car is epic! and I get to drive it everyday with the minimum of compromises required. I would also say that you need to see one in the flesh if you're not convinced by the looks.

Here are a couple of hastily shot pictures:

Guilia 1.jpgGuilia 3.jpg

MrMickS

Glad you like it. One question I have is how much of the power is available in each of the modes? Normal, dynamic, race? Do you only get the full 500 in race and if so what drop off do you have in the others?

I ask because I know that my Ghibli only gets the full 400+ in sport. The rest of the time it's more restrained.

2015 Ghibli S

Previous cars
Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.4 MultiAir 170, Mazda RX-8, Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed, Alfa Romeo 146 Ti, Alfasud SC 1.5, Willys MB (1942)

urquattrogus

I think you get full power in all modes except for the "a" mode which is for winter/economy.

Certainly feels like it. Full power in N just no noise and changes up earlier, in D the flaps open at about 3800rpm and more noise, and in race the flaps are fully open. There *may* be some extra overboost in race if you read some of the spec sheets.

The downside of race is no traction control or ESP!

Not too much of a worry in warm weather and with the bespoke pirelli's but no doubt fairly lethal when it's cold and wet.

It seems tuners are already changing the coding of the car to give fully open flaps in D and not just race. Really there should be a button for it....

zagatoes30

Stunning, everything I hear about this car makes me more certain I want one, even over a QP. I just need to wait for my savings and the cars costs to become more aligned.

MrMickS

Thanks. The overboost is similar to the Ghibli S then. So probably a little way short of the full 500 in anything but race. It should still be 400+ though.

2015 Ghibli S

Previous cars
Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.4 MultiAir 170, Mazda RX-8, Alfa Romeo 156 Selespeed, Alfa Romeo 146 Ti, Alfasud SC 1.5, Willys MB (1942)

hoyin

Agreed. It looks great. And I thought the handling and suspension were very very good. I would say the best that I have been in for a sport saloon.

I had the same concern. I want it in sport - exhaust values fully open, but with ESP on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

conaero

Forum Owner
The styling I am finding less offensive the more I see it. I am glad its lived up to your expectations and what I am most please with is this is the first effort as this platform so there will be more to come and hopefully the same guts will find its way into some sort of Coupe or GTV, well, I live in hope

Untitled-1.jpg

zagatoes30

The styling I am finding less offensive the more I see it. I am glad its lived up to your expectations and what I am most please with is this is the first effort as this platform so there will be more to come and hopefully the same guts will find its way into some sort of Coupe or GTV, well, I live in hope

View attachment 42116

They are never going to build one that looks like this although it is very nice. If they do build a coupe, I;m not convinced they will, it will be much closer to the saloon in appearance a bit like the Brera and the 159 you could see the shared genetics but the coupe had that extra wow factor

conaero

Forum Owner
They are never going to build one that looks like this although it is very nice. If they do build a coupe, I;m not convinced they will, it will be much closer to the saloon in appearance a bit like the Brera and the 159 you could see the shared genetics but the coupe had that extra wow factor

Your probably right, and the above pic has the engine in the back too so it would have to be based on the 4C tub.

Evo Cymru

These seem to be really going down well - glad you are enjoying! Did see one test mention the brakes. Not sure about the engine note from the tests I've seen - need to see one of these in the flesh me thinks!

alfatwo

Nice one Gus very jealous mate! Masers, what ever model dont get a lookin against a "Green Cloverleaf"

I noticed Vetell had the same badge stiched on his overalls over the grand prix this weekend!

Dave

urquattrogus

A quick update, I drove my fathers 2010 C63 Performance Pack Plus (480bhp and LSD) Estate again by chance the other day (stuff to move).

The AMG is a car that I have always really enjoyed driving, but it felt like an an oil tanker when compared to the Alfa!!

I adjusted back after a while, but the whole thing felt so much heavier and leaden, especially the steering and turn in. The ride was also harsh in comparison.

Performance wise the AMG is still fantastic when you wring it's neck, but even when wringing it's neck it felt noticeably slower.

So no surprise that a 2010 car is behind a 2017 car, but before this I thought the AMG was pretty bang on in most areas, with nice steering and fun to drive. I certainly prefer it to my fathers 2015 C7 RS6, which although super rapid and capable, doesn't have the fun factor and crisp turn in of the AMG.

In the Alfa I seem to be spending a lot of my time flicking up every stone in every car park, those tyres are so sticky!

With regards to performance, there is no doubt that you do get full power in all modes, every mode is electric once you floor it, it's more or less just the mapping of gearbox and throttle sensitivity in between that alters.

If anyone is comparing with the Ghibli S, don't forget the Ghibli is something like 1900KG VS the Alfa's 1600 (or some say less) weight but with an extra 100bhp.

To drive and in responses it almost feels like a 1300KG RWD hot hatch!