BEWARE - KJB Parts

spacecadet

To spare headaches stay away from KJB Parts, Koen Bart.

I found some parts on his site, went into fast email communication, he assured the parts are available so I have wired the amount. This happened in the beginning of February, over a single day. Since then he completely disappeared. Sent him countless emails, no answers; called him, he always promised to send over the package number, "in a few hours", "in ten minutes". Even talked to him yesterday that I still don't have any info, he promised an email again. Of course no email, called him again today, and he just hung up on me after introducing myself.

I guess I can say goodbye for my money, and for the weeks while waiting patiently for the parts and not being able to continue work on the car. Could have already searched somewhere else. :mad:

conaero

Forum Owner
OK, thanks for the update, I will contact him upon your behalf and see if he is willing to sort this problem out or refund you your money.

Here is the site, buyer beware:

http://kjbparts.com

conaero

Forum Owner
Thanks, and hope this is not against forum rules.

Absolutely not, we are here as a community to assist and warn our members from exactly this sort of thing. I have given KJB the opportunity to respond if they feel they have been harshly treated.

david cagliesi

Hi I have purchased spare parts several times and even got some technical advice, and on one accasion the Dutch
postal service lost my shipment but Bart send me a new one emidletly.

I can' imagine hi is short of staff and also taking care of his kid's.
I can't believe that Bart who owns one of Europe's largest inventory of parts would risk his business.

So for me is a nice guy, but planning is god but **** happens.

Skickat från min SM-G800F via Tapatalk

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I've never heard of KJB Parts before, but looking at the website looks like a valuable source of parts for pre-4200 Maseratis.

spacecadet

Hi I have purchased spare parts several times and even got some technical advice, and on one accasion the Dutch
postal service lost my shipment but Bart send me a new one emidletly.

I can' imagine hi is short of staff and also taking care of his kid's.
I can't believe that Bart who owns one of Europe's largest inventory of parts would risk his business.

So for me is a nice guy, but planning is god but **** happens.

I heard he is doing it alone, so I was totally patient, never had a loud word. But after not getting a single answer (please wait, later, whatever) to my emails for a whole month - even though might happen even in today's world, illness, etc. - combined with the promises over phone in the end just lost my patience and felt screwed up, like in a no-brainer scam.

For everyone that have a problem with me please contact me koenbart@live.nl or see details at www.kjbparts.com

Koen, I would be happy if we could resolve this, maybe there was a misunderstanding, don't know. If you could reply to my email we could continue this discussion and I'm happy to report back the result here if you agree.

Marco07

I had a great experience with Koen last year so am surprised by this. I ordered an ECU whilst I was abroad on holiday and promised to transfer the payment when I got home. I expected him to wait until he'd received the money before dispatching it but lo and behold when I got home the ECU was already there waiting for me! I sent him the dosh immediately of course.

This is why I find it hard to believe he's pulling a fast one. I hope this gets sorted out quickly and that there's a genuine explanation.

conaero

Forum Owner
I have also been emailed by Bart expressing concern. Apparently when you called you withheld your number or it was obscured so he couldn't call you back.

Regardless, Bart has made the effort to make contact and resolve the matter and others speak very highly of him so in my eyes other SM members should not be put off using his services.

spacecadet

That's why this whole thing is such a mystery for me. It was Google Voice, and I did try calling back 2 times, plus my number also entered the DB when I registered there. Will see...

koen2224v

Must be fixt thats all,i am not 100% but i do my best,but for all Beware is not fair for what i do for many people.

conaero

Forum Owner
I am going to remove the 'Beware' from the title.

I am sorry to say I have received several more complaints about KJB by PM so I am going to have to reinstate the BEWARE warning for KJB until it can be proved they are trustworthy again.

The complaints all seem to be the same issues of parts getting lost and never turing up and parts listed on KJB website not being in stock or not of the actual parts that are sent, some of which are in quite a poor condition.

I am willing to listen to any appeal by KJB so as to safeguard SM members but until such a point I can't recommend SM members to purchase here.