QP Sport GTS 16k

Wack61

I would say all the interest they are getting is from this forum only!!

I'd have to agree with you there , most if not all interest came from here but there's a bum for every seat and this one is very price dependant

If cat and high mileage cars are priced right they will sell ,look at that 7k cat D, the phone was on fire and it sold in hours

rockits

I have no issue if great cars come into the market with high miles & cheap price tags. I'll buy them. My 56 plate XC90 V8 has 195k miles & drives great. Cost me 5k.

I would rather buy 3 or 4 £5k cars rather than one for 15-20k.

Cars will always sell whatever the mileage and whatever the condition. It is just at what price. If the levels get much lower it just starts to make sense to break them.

Nemcova

I appreciate you are sensitive about high mileage values

I didn't even slightly suggest QP's will be worth zero in 2-3 years, but those with 120,000 miles will be. Even selling a 100k one today will be a challenge.

You can say "mileage doesn't matter" until the cows come home. The market says you're wrong

Errrr... Matt, when you say that you didn't even slightly suggest QP's will be worth zero in 2-3 years, your ACTUAL quote was..... " With a resale value in 2-3 years of approximately zero", etc. etc. - your exact words. -

Mileage (sadly), does matter. What I feel though us that it shouldn't matter. You could have an unloved car with 5K on the clock that's sat in a garage rusting, similarly you could have a much-loved 100K car that's had no expense spared, runs beautifully and is more newer car than older car.

I suggest that any serious buyer (not time-wasters fancying a drive in a nice fast motor but with no cash), uses their own common sense, checks the service/ spend history of the car in detail, looks at the condition, has a comprehensive inspection and makes an informed independent decision based on cost versus quality. Garage queens do not have a great reliability reputation, including on this forum. Independent thinking, lets hope it makes a comeback eh?

mattjevans

My exact words "With a resale value in 2-3 years of approximately zero, it's hard to see this one ... as a bargain." I was referring to that specific vehicle, not QP's as a whole.

As I said, having been researching the market quite recently before deciding a GranTurismo was more appropriate to my objectives, cars at or approaching 100k miles will be hard to shift except at low prices and will continue to depreciate from there.

Wattie

Errrr... Matt, when you say that you didn't even slightly suggest QP's will be worth zero in 2-3 years, your ACTUAL quote was..... " With a resale value in 2-3 years of approximately zero", etc. etc. - your exact words. -

Mileage (sadly), does matter. What I feel though us that it shouldn't matter. You could have an unloved car with 5K on the clock that's sat in a garage rusting, similarly you could have a much-loved 100K car that's had no expense spared, runs beautifully and is more newer car than older car.

I suggest that any serious buyer (not time-wasters fancying a drive in a nice fast motor but with no cash), uses their own common sense, checks the service/ spend history of the car in detail, looks at the condition, has a comprehensive inspection and makes an informed independent decision based on cost versus quality. Garage queens do not have a great reliability reputation, including on this forum. Independent thinking, lets hope it makes a comeback eh?

I think it's fair to say that cars of a certain age and very high miles become more valuable to their current owner, than a new one. You kind of get "attached", especially if its been cherished. The true market value will never reflect that.
Cheers wattie

Nemcova

My exact words "With a resale value in 2-3 years of approximately zero, it's hard to see this one ... as a bargain." I was referring to that specific vehicle, not QP's as a whole.

As I said, having been researching the market quite recently before deciding a GranTurismo was more appropriate to my objectives, cars at or approaching 100k miles will be hard to shift except at low prices and will continue to depreciate from there.

Ah I see, I didn't realise that you were referring only to this one specific 2009 QP. GT S, which will have a resale value of zero in 2-3 years, that seems completely reasonable. Enough from me on this thread, I'm out.

Andyk

If you buy it keep it and enjoy it....it really doesn't matter if it's worth sod all as the miles creep up as it will be a keeper for someone. Drive it, track it and smile.

Ewan

Good but high mileage QP's regularly sell at low teens. In fact i can't remember when a decent QP last sold for less than £10k. So this particular car is only a few grand more than a high mileage early DS version, and for the extra cash you get the ultimate QP with the better looks, performance, exclusivity, desirability etc. Add that to the fact that's it's the cheapest GTS ever advertised makes it a bargain.

I've seen similar mileage and similar age GranTourismos go for ten grand more, which is very poor value in my mind.

rockits

I agree with Ewan on this one. What's not to like?

Worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes. Enjoy today.

hoyin

*We* are the market. That's what's so frustrating
C

So why don't we play it to our advantage. Everyone call the seller. Say his car is not worth it and offer £5k.

Wait a couple of weeks. Then I come along and offer £8k which he will be relieved at and I get a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andyk

I agree with Ewan on this one. What's not to like?

Worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes. Enjoy today.

Spot on....Back in 1994 I bought a Lotus Esprit Turbo with 100k on the clock. Friends said run a mile....It was cheap and I couldn't resist it. Used it everyday for two years and never let me down. Sold it with 110 on the clock to a dealer ..... Yes lost some money but sod all when comparing the cost of one with 20k on the clock. I lost 6k in 2 years and a lower miles on lost double that at least.

rockits

There you go....example number one. Sometimes the heart does need a bit of input into decisions.....sometimes lots of input!

That is coming from Mr Emotion-less who rarely let's heart rule head or get anywhere close.

mattjevans

So why don't we play it to our advantage. Everyone call the seller. Say his car is not worth it and offer £5k.

Wait a couple of weeks. Then I come along and offer £8k which he will be relieved at and I get a bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're probably joking but just in case - I would urge you and everyone else not to do that, as I think that action falls fairly squarely into the definition of Fraud by False Pretences provisions of the Fraud Act 2006.

Wack61

You're probably joking but just in case - I would urge you and everyone else not to do that, as I think that action falls fairly squarely into the definition of Fraud by False Pretences provisions of the Fraud Act 2006.

He wouldn't have got it anyway as I'd have offered 9k, no fraud was involved on my part as I hadn't read the comment until you bumped the thread and quoted it which makes you complicit so you're going down as well now, I'll take that GT off your hands for the same 9k offer as you won't be needing it for a few years

Pramrod

It's a lot of miles at 102k.
Anyone know any high mileage QPs?
130K? 150K? 200K anyone?

I'd heard that the QP doesn't do great when the mileage gets too high (certain well known expert dealer steered me away from second hand high mileage 80K-90K plus QPs)

Wack61

You take a chance with any maserati 30k or 130k both can bankrupt you , in all cars my personal preference has been for higher miles cars if they're the same age and considerably cheaper

On a motorway everything is running at the design temperature , oil, bearings , coolant in the engine

I honestly can't remember when I last had a major problem with a daily driver , most older maserati's are toys as in not the only car owned so if it breaks it can sit still until it can be fixed