QP Sport GTS 16k

rockits

Not seen it before & decent enough motor but price a bit strong in current QP market. The QP's are not so strong at the moment it seems.

Half the reason I bought the one I did aside from obviously really liking it was due to it being so different to the average stuff out there.

Ebenezer

Let's talk about QP prices firming. All this talk about 3200 prices is so yesterday. QPs are where the smart money is going to be... :)
Eb

rockits

Agreed. I can't believe how cheap the QP's have got. I don't see how they can get cheaper as if they do I'll buy them all and break them up to corner the market in QP spares!

highlander

Let's talk about QP prices firming. All this talk about 3200 prices is so yesterday. QPs are where the smart money is going to be... :)
Eb

Actually agree here. The prices for a "reasonably" good QP are just silly at the moment. In relation to the 32 I would say that the QP has now hit rock bottom, like the 32 did about 3/4 years ago, so if interested, now is the time to get one.......I would think low mileage good ones can only go up from here on.

rs48635

The low miler LHD QP with 9k miles on sold for £25k.

I was at the NEC and this car looked smart. The other one was rough in comparison. Not sure I would have paid 25k but there you go, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

rs48635

For me I would rather have money in something special and interesting everyday purely for my own pleasure.
Why anyone would want 16K in a boring modern is beyond me.
As for ball tickling I only let my lady near them :)

there are many categories of modern classic, plenty who think majority of our cars fit that group, especially those under Ferrari ownership.
The fact remains that Sport GTS is the best driving Qp of them all from, having driven all back to back when new. The newcomer to this forum should not dismiss this car to wait for any 3200 or 4200 to become a fan. My own QP is every bit as special to drive as the 3200, albeit less demanding. It does still have sublime steering feel, wicked soundtrack and still make reasonable progress when pressing on. The 3200 will always be my first love, but it does try to kill me every now and then which I love. Plant of drivers never push the ragged edge, in which case that OP car is for the the "perfect" everyday keep Maserati.
Is anybody eating less to keep their teeth from wearing out? Eat the steak, crunch the mints chew the fat! Saving anything for the best does not make me happy, maybe those in my will .....

p.s. anyone actually seen it for real? Not to far from me and I have a day off, maybe I might pop over.

Andyk

Every QP I've driven have felt a very special and more so than my 3200 did and that was special. The QP at 16k seems more car for your money than a 4200 does.....

safrane

Artha's Gold QP was on our lakes tour and performed perfectly... and the sound as it left the event was pure class...ok it had Larini Sports Cats but all the rest was standard.

rockits

If it were a 4.7 and had a better colour interior for me even at a few K more I would have been all over it.

Andyk

Wonder what the service history is like........Wonder what sort of person owned it with the Redford badge and darker outreach Windows........Get a few K's off and keep it forever ......

SPX

Three months on and much hot air later, it's still for sale...

Can't see it achieving much more than £12k on an eBay auction to be honest.