QP Sport GTS 16k

hoyin

If you are buying it to keep then I think it might be worth it. But if you are trying to resell it after I would say it would be very difficult to shift with that mileage unless someone from the forum buys it.

I would say all the interest they are getting is from this forum only!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPX

Having recently sold my QP, and as much as people on here like to tickle each other's balls about values, I can say with some certainty that they just don't sell quick and mine was a (relatively) bargain.

I mean, look at the car in the OP, judging by the amount of praise everyone's given it, it should have sold within an hour yet here we are with it still up for sale!

mattjevans

I was surveying the QP and in particular GTS market seriously before I bought the GranTurismo

This has sat unsold at 22k miles for over a month. From memory, there's a couple of others around at below 40k miles also at the £20-22k mark.
http://www.thboler.com/used-cars/6786428-maserati-quattroporte-pininfarina-sport-gts/

With a resale value in 2-3 years of approximately zero, it's hard to see this one at £1000ish less for each 10,000 miles and a canine genitalia red interior as a bargain.

JonW

I was one of those interested in this initially, but having thought about it some more I've decided I'm not going to be following up on my interest.

I still think it's a lot of car for the money, and it looks like it has been well cared for. However, I just can't justify it.

Nemcova

I was surveying the QP and in particular GTS market seriously before I bought the GranTurismo

This has sat unsold at 22k miles for over a month. From memory, there's a couple of others around at below 40k miles also at the £20-22k mark.
http://www.thboler.com/used-cars/6786428-maserati-quattroporte-pininfarina-sport-gts/

With a resale value in 2-3 years of approximately zero, it's hard to see this one at £1000ish less for each 10,000 miles and a canine genitalia red interior as a bargain.

Here we go again on fantasy projected values.

I tell you what, perhaps you could pick me half a dozen QP's up for zero in 2-3 years as you suggest, I don't even mind if they've got a red interior to make it a bit easier for you, I'll bung you say £500 a piece, you'll make a quick £3k and I'll end up with a worthless 12 tons of Italian s**t metal and Pininfarina style and end up looking really stupid.

There's lots that I really like about this forum, but the self destructive nature of kicking the nuts out of the cars you invest heavily in absolutely amazes me. If I didn't already have one, and that car turned out to be straight, then this would be a fantastic buy.

By the way, has anyone else heard, apparently the market is going to be flooded with GT's next year because the Doc and Marty Mc Fly have come back from the future, made the Flux Capacitor designs open to anyone who wants them, the only downside is that it'll only operate on pre-2008 QP's, so apparently I've definitely probably heard that You won't be able to pick one up for less than £100K in my opinion -and I'd know, - honest.

D Walker

I tell you what, perhaps you could pick me half a dozen QP's up for zero in 2-3 years as you suggest, I don't even mind if they've got a red interior to make it a bit easier for you, I'll bung you say £500 a piece, you'll make a quick £3k and I'll end up with a worthless 12 tons of Italian s**t metal and Pininfarina style and end up looking really stupid.

There's lots that I really like about this forum, but the self destructive nature of kicking the nuts out of the cars you invest heavily in absolutely amazes me. If I didn't already have one, and that car turned out to be straight, then this would be a fantastic buy.

By the way, has anyone else heard, apparently the market is going to be flooded with GT's next year because the Doc and Marty Mc Fly have come back from the future, made the Flux Capacitor designs open to anyone who wants them, the only downside is that it'll only operate on pre-2008 QP's, so apparently I've definitely probably heard that You won't be able to pick one up for less than £100K in my opinion -and I'd know, - honest.

Pmsl !!!!

JonW

:lol2::lol2::lol2: properly funny....

philw696

For me I would rather have money in something special and interesting everyday purely for my own pleasure.
Why anyone would want 16K in a boring modern is beyond me.
As for ball tickling I only let my lady near them :)

Nemcova

For me I would rather have money in something special and interesting everyday purely for my own pleasure.
Why anyone would want 16K in a boring modern is beyond me.
As for ball tickling I only let my lady near them :)

Get it, drive it, love it. - Masarati is for EVERY day.

philw696

Exactly that's what I have been doing for 7 years now and will always have a Classic Maserati and not wanting to offend anyone the new ones don't do anything for me not even if we get a new coupe in the future.
I mix things up a bit with my other motors and that makes my old 4200 even more Special :)

Nemcova

Exactly that's what I have been doing for 7 years now and will always have a Classic Maserati and not wanting to offend anyone the new ones don't do anything for me not even if we get a new coupe in the future.
I mix things up a bit with my other motors and that makes my old 4200 even more Special :)

Excellent, and totally agree on the older models, just something in the soul of these cars that makes them special.

I'm looking for an alternative daily driver at the moment for business use, but having got used to the Mas, everything just feels very ordinary.

mattjevans

I appreciate you are sensitive about high mileage values

I didn't even slightly suggest QP's will be worth zero in 2-3 years, but those with 120,000 miles will be. Even selling a 100k one today will be a challenge.

You can say "mileage doesn't matter" until the cows come home. The market says you're wrong