90th Anniversary Spyder

Wack61

Very nice but very expensive , is that a cast a line to see if anyone bites price .

rockits

You can drive a house....just not a conventional one made out of bricks & mortar.

Edit.....Maybe you can drive a home but not a house thinking about it!

Andyk

That's a lot of pennies but hardly any miles on her. You can get a proper GS Spyder for that sort of money and you don't get those humps spoiling the lovely lines of the car.

Andyk

They do devide opinion Andy....The Spyder is such a pure shape they just don't work for me. Can you get an MC Victory for this money ? ....

midlifecrisis

You wouldn't get much of a return for your pension as the price is far too high, it can drop more than it'll ever rise.

Ewan

That's certainly very close to MC-V money. I happen to prefer this 90th car to the regular GS Spyder, and being a limited edition in a unique colour way means it'll always be worth more than it's more common sister car.

A good low mileage regular GS Spyder can be high forties now, so a 10% or so increase for an anniversary edition seems reasonable to me. If the price did start with a 4 I'd be on the phone.

Andyk

That's certainly very close to MC-V money. I happen to prefer this 90th car to the regular GS Spyder, and being a limited edition in a unique colour way means it'll always be worth more than it's more common sister car.

A good low mileage regular GS Spyder can be high forties now, so a 10% or so increase for an anniversary edition seems reasonable to me. If the price did start with a 4 I'd be on the phone.

See car really confuses me still as all the blurb tells you it isn't a GS. Always thought it didn't have the performance upgrades. Still confused.....a GS Spyder is still the better car surely ? How many VgS Spiders were made against these.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
See car really confuses me still as all the blurb tells you it isn't a GS. Always thought it didn't have the performance upgrades. Still confused.....a GS Spyder is still the better car surely ? How many VgS Spiders were made against these.

What performance upgrades?

safrane

So the As90 has;
GS trim
Body Kit
Exhaust
Wheels
Same performance as the GS
Same suspension

and the extras above GS,
Carbon fibre hood cover
Special finished to the lights
90th wing inserts and,
Limited to 90 cars.

For me and Ewan far superior to a standard GS Spyder.

Rwc13

Very happy not to have the carbon fibre hood cover or special finished lights. Perhaps it's slightly rarer but both are very rare cars so can live without the 90th wing inserts to own the prettier car......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zagatoes30

I am certainly in the unusual camp, I don't like the GS Coupe, those surf boards just spoil the style IMO but I do like the GS Spyder. The shorter wheelbase seems to make them more part of the overall design. Fortunately I can't either so no real issue :)

Ewan

See car really confuses me still as all the blurb tells you it isn't a GS. Still confused.....a GS Spyder is still the better car surely ? e.

To me, the 90 is a GS. Coachwork, engineering, performance - all the same. Just one with added exclusivity and desirability. As is born out, in reality, by the higher value. They've generally always commanded about a 10% premium over the standard GS Spyder, but the gulf has widened over recent years (and, in my opinion, will continue to do so).

I'm keen to buy one and it would make a great addition to the car-based section of my pension. But I'm thinking that LHD is the way to go so I could use it on European vacations.

Not that there's a lot wrong with a "normal" GS Spyder though, it has to be said. But I just love the blue of the 90, and the limited numbers.

Andyk

So the As90 has;
GS trim
Body Kit
Exhaust
Wheels
Same performance as the GS
Same suspension

and the extras above GS,
Carbon fibre hood cover
Special finished to the lights
90th wing inserts and,
Limited to 90 cars.

For me and Ewan far superior to a standard GS Spyder.

Did it get the extra 10bhp.....I remember going to a dealer and they tol me it wasn't a GS as it never had the same upgrades....power, suspension....So if that's the case it's a Spyder with a GS body kit that has had a make over by the Hunch Back of Notre Dame.......Don't think we have ever got to the bottom of this one......So a dealer saying no and we think it is.....The true is out there. I think it's odd that this came out as a Anniversary car then the Coupe came out as a GS and then a few years later we saw a GS Spyder......Which was the same as the Anniversary .... Why take so long to bring out 'another' GS Spyder....