90th Anniversary Spyder

Andyk

Very happy not to have the carbon fibre hood cover or special finished lights. Perhaps it's slightly rarer but both are very rare cars so can live without the 90th wing inserts to own the prettier car......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree that the GS Spyder is a very pretty car against the 90. Surprising how much those humps change the look. But wouldn't say no to either.

BL330

I scored the March 2005 Maserati product information and pricing booklet on eBay recently. It features the Spyder 90th Anniversary on the cover and has 4 pages dedicated to it inside. Tim who lives north of Sydney has a silver one and regularly attends events here, often winning prizes on presentation. I can confirm they have a GS interior with carbon fibre centre console. The booklet states it has the 35 per cent faster gear changes ( same as the GS ). Top speed and acceleration are the noted as the same for Spyder and 90th anniversary Spyder at 176 mph & 4.9 seconds.
Hope this helps.

Team GCR

I've looked at a couple of Anniversary Spyders over the years and like certain aspects but not others. In the end I was never tempted to swap my GS Spyder for one when I had it IMO the red Spyder was a better looking car with its black leather interior etc.,..

Just a shame the MCV didn't have the Trident wing shields like the Anniversary Spyder instead of the enamel Italian flags but that is about the only thing I would change on the MCV.

StuartW

Very nice but such a shame that it hasn't been driven. Yes, the value might drop a bit but it does sadden me to see these lovely cars treated as investments rather than their original intention and it prices more people out of the market too

Needamaser

There was at least one thread on here in the past about if it was or was not a GS in all but name.
My recollection is the answer was it was mechanically the same but badged otherwise.
I love the GS Spyder but if there was a choice for aesthetic and future resale I would have the Anniversary.

MrPea

I'm a fan of the humps, and I have to say the blue threading through the carbon fibre is a delight to behold. My only real problem is I'm not keen on the colour.

Anyway, all the 90th ones are the same colour. I doubt there's another GS Spyder with the same colour combinations as mine, so I think I have a rarer car too! :rofl5:

adam01

I'm a fan of the humps, and I have to say the blue threading through the carbon fibre is a delight to behold. My only real problem is I'm not keen on the colour.

Anyway, all the 90th ones are the same colour. I doubt there's another GS Spyder with the same colour combinations as mine, so I think I have a rarer car too! :rofl5:
Variois colours in the 90th editions