Low miles 3200 - Pistonheads 13/3/17

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
According to the GOVN website, its first MOT attempt was in Feb 2014 (and it failed), so presumably that was when it was imported to the UK. It finally passed an MOT in May of 2016, so was presumably in storage between these dates. Looks nice though. Someone local should check it out and see where it's come from. Japan, SA, Aus, Cyrpus,...?

I know the chap who owns it, it came from Hong Kong.

allandwf

Hmmm buyer beware then. :/ As always an inspection, do your homework, and don't always see low mileage as a good thing.

StewartL

No red key

Car is indeed a nice looking one - I went to view a few weeks back but a few too many question marks for me - and it's an auto and I'd rather have a manual.

As some have said, ex HK, service history has a gap of several years - although is complete since being sold by "approved" main dealer. Dash top, steering wheel boss and a door lining are creased, front headlamps have damp inside them. Undersides very good. Original stereo (not installed), complete tool kit including origin (and well-expired) Maser puncture spray can.

No red key.

Worst of all Zuffenhaus (who are storing/selling on behalf of owner) have put Porsche plates on it!!

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Although the fabled red key isn't the be all and end all, the lack of one knocks the values as there a few buyers who'll buy one without it.

alfatwo

Although the fabled red key isn't the be all and end all, the lack of one knocks the values as there a few buyers who'll buy one without it.

What do you recon Dicky, If it all turns out ok? 15k!

As you know there aint many good RHD 3200GT's left, maybe two a year!

Dave

Contigo

Sponsor
Really? Mine hasn't had a call on it and it's a great example. Very limited market for these cars which is a real shame.

StuartW

Mine didn't have a red key and it is quite a job to change the lock set - ignition barrel, 2 x door locks, boot lock, passenger airbag isolation barrel, central locking ecu, imobiliser ecu. I may have forgotten something here, but it can be done. It took me half a day but Shiltech had to the door handle barrels for me - a right pain to get to

Contigo

Sponsor
Mine didn't have a red key and it is quite a job to change the lock set - ignition barrel, 2 x door locks, boot lock, passenger airbag isolation barrel, central locking ecu, imobiliser ecu. I may have forgotten something here, but it can be done. It took me half a day but Shiltech had to the door handle barrels for me - a right pain to get to

So can you explain how having the red key helps to change all these locks etc?

StuartW

So can you explain how having the red key helps to change all these locks etc?

I guess I didn't explain myself properly.

When I bought my car, it had 2 black keys but not the red master which I wanted so I bought a s/h lock set which included the red master, so had to go about changing the entire set so that the car then had a master, should I ever want or need an additional key made

Contigo

Sponsor
Right understood but really isn't 2 black keys enough? What are the chances of losing both of them?

StuartW

Right understood but really isn't 2 black keys enough? What are the chances of losing both of them?

Fair point, I had originally intended the car to be a keeper so it was just for completeness on my part really. I did however get the set very cheap from David Askew as it was part of the deal when I bought the car from him. That was the plan anyway until the end float struck and it was time to say good bye to the AC sadly, still miss it though