For sale - unique maserati 4200 manual + full gransport look/kit/alloys

Not done the exchange yet Dean, but expect to this week. Went for a GT in the end, as it suits my circumstances / iffy mobility right now. Will put up some photos, when she arrives ;)

safrane

Yes it was a straight swap using the same mouting points...was a black finsish rather than chrome. Also fitted the GS lower splitter for the full look.

asset-1.jpg

rockits

Very nice...great job. The facelift/gs mesh grille looks so much better for me than the slatted or classico ones.

Who made the mistake on the number plate?

rockits

I see...all becomes clear. You didn't fancy keeping it that way then? Or did it look silly?

Wack61

The trick to looking for prices on ebay is check completed listings not " you're avin a laugh" asking prices

rockits

...and what is wrong with my classico grill?
;)
I'm not a fan of the smaller height classico grill or the slotted facelift one. Your one in black doesn't look so bad to be fair. I think the higher profile of the facelift one looks a bit nicer IMHO only of course.

The classico style wasn't for me and I always wanted a facelift. It does what it says on the tin though and looks...well....classic...o.

Andyk

I tend to agree Rockets....The Classico is well....classic the face lift sort of bought the car more up to date......I would love either but given the choice the face lift.....Oh and your lovely GS wheeled facelift.

zagatoes30

I like the facelift front bumper & grill but not over keen on the facelift rear, I wonder where there is a Spyder with that configuration ;)

Vampyrebat

No, it's only the rear bumper that is different on the face-lift rear. I also agree with you, The face lift was the start of the protruding mouth and although very subtle to those not in the know! I always thought the Classico reminded me of a Catfish mouth (IMPO).
Saying that I don't mind either the mash or louvered grill!!!

safrane

...so Im one of the odd ones out (again) I prefer the 2002 front end and I have had two face lift cars...go figure.

Vampyrebat

Peter............The world would be a boring place if we all thought the same and had the same opinion!!.........But I'm right:)

42 Classico and Face-Lift
media6QLEHDVR.jpgmediaAQXAU0JG.jpg

rockits

Thanks for enlightening me....I really hadn't noticed the rear as always focussed on the front's. I can see why the Classico rear is preferred. I am not sure now. The classico rear is a cleaner finish for sure. I can take the rear in either but the facelift front with mesh grille for me.

Vampyrebat

Thanks for enlightening me....I really hadn't noticed the rear as always focussed on the front's. I can see why the Classico rear is preferred. I am not sure now. The classico rear is a cleaner finish for sure. I can take the rear in either but the facelift front with mesh grille for me.

Or 'Mash' Grill !!!:redface:...........The Face-Lift has a more aggressive look to it (and easier to polish the tail-pipes)!! where the Classico as Andy said is more classic looking!