I'm sure this is a members old car.

zagatoes30

Looks like it, price is hard to judge as a repairable maybe high given the work needed to get it back to original condition but as a parts car probably not that bad. Whats the going rate for an engine or a gearbox? never mind interior, panels and odds and sods

safrane

Yes it was...he was hit by a car allegedly swerving for a rabbit!

Its almost a mirror image of my first 4200 which was WM03 FZD.

Wack61

Looks like it, price is hard to judge as a repairable maybe high given the work needed to get it back to original condition but as a parts car probably not that bad. Whats the going rate for an engine or a gearbox? never mind interior, panels and odds and sods

I know the going rate for an engine is chuff all because nobody ever needs one , I've never seen a sold one on ebay

mikem

Yes this was my car And yes the other guy did say he was swerving for a rabbit ( I think it was called Harvey).

The car needs a new front wing, o/s door, o/s rear wheel , new o/s rear suspension and rear brake disc caliper , new rear bumper not to mention the damage to the rear wing plus two new airbags for the doors. That is just what I remembe. I don't know if there was any damage to the chassis. So
I suspect it would be quite pricey to repair.

However the engine and gearbox are spot on and the cabin was in good condition. The front grill had just been re-chromed and all the interior vents had been replaced. So there are some good spare parts on it.

It was a good car and we gained a lot of pleasure from it.

mikem

I don't know the cost of replacing airbags, but was told by one mechanic that it is prohibitively high. Also that insurance companies often write off a car on that basis alone. I don't know if that is true or not?

If I had the cash I would probably buy it back just for the spares.

mikem

Just reread the description of my old car. The only thing they got right was that it was a 4200. Mileage was 58k not 49k. The year was 54 not 53. The side air-bags were deployed (their description gives all airbags intact). Their description of damage only to rear off-side is contradicted by the photographs which show dents all down off-side, bumper missing, off-side rear axel fractured. Also brakepipes severed as we careered down the hill after the accident.

FIFTY

I remember this, Mike didn't you crack/bruise a rib in the accident... was it the airbag that caused it?

Interested to see where it goes if I breaker gets it I'd have your grille. Did you transfer the number plate back in your name or is it with the car?

mikem

I remember this, Mike didn't you crack/bruise a rib in the accident... was it the airbag that caused it?

Interested to see where it goes if I breaker gets it I'd have your grille. Did you transfer the number plate back in your name or is it with the car?
Hi Fernandoisfasterthanyou.

You have a good memory.
You are correct I did have bruised ribs. I made a personal injury claim against the other driver. Not something l would normally consider but my insurance company were offering a settlement figure that just did not relate to the cost of replacing the car, with one of a similar age, mileage etc.

You could always give them a ring and see if they would be willing to break for spares.

As far as the number plate goes. I have transferred it to replacement Maserati.

Mike