First there was an electric Biturbo on Wheeler Dealers, now this ...

MrMickS

For 99p I could park it at the airport and use it when I visit every month. It would be better than the little hire cars.

What would LPG do to the MPG though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidL

You'll get fewer mpg on LPG but as it's much cheaper it works out far more economical. Not sure if the QP engine likes LPG mind, some do, some don't.

zagatoes30

Feck that tank takes up a lot of space. The Alfa V6 runs nicely on LPG, nearly bought a 166 with a really neat conversion a few years ago.

Corranga

Boot space aside, it's quite an appealing concept. Presumably it still has the full size fuel tank, plus the LPG tank, so the range would be exceptional. Perfect for long distance cruising.

My concerns would be buying a Macerate with GPL. I'm quite sure it's the only one of those!!

...and why it has a palm tree aerial on the roof.

CatmanV2

Boot space aside, it's quite an appealing concept. Presumably it still has the full size fuel tank, plus the LPG tank, so the range would be exceptional. Perfect for long distance cruising.

My concerns would be buying a Macerate with GPL. I'm quite sure it's the only one of those!!

I had a donut tank in the spare wheel well on the 156. I can't recall how much it took, but the range on LPG was pretty poor. Still it took the car up to about 400 miles IIRC

C

alfatwo

It was blowing quite a bit down here today, palm trees doubling as aerials ;)

Lots of cars down here have LPG conversions, even the fat wallets!

Dave

philgarner

Love it! Proper respect for that, shame about it being a Macerate.

I thought about getting an LPG Cayenne, but as per the ad, refill every 150 miles - what a ballache.

ChrisQP09

I bought a CLS 55 that had an LPG conversion, with the cap being discreet under the rear diffuser, I recommend this everyday of the week!

Funny enough I considered it when I had the QP too. But 'MACERATE'? can this be forgiven?

DavidL

Macerate? Maybe just spell check being a bit over eager? It says maserati all the way through. That's a real old school LPG tank mind, something I rejected on an old range rover. There are plenty of inconspicuous toroidal tanks for the spare wheel well. Makes you wonder about the front end.