English Lakes tour

safrane

I am meeting up with a couple of old forum friends over the weekend of the 21-24 April in Troutbeck, Ambleside.

As well as time to catch up with friends we are also doing a couple of tours on the Sat/Sun. Any local forum members are welcome to join us on the drives. We are staying at the Queens Head if you want to make a longer trip of it.

4200 MANUAL

Thanks Peter for the offer. Wife comes from Kendal and I love that part of the world.
Enjoy the we!
Daniel

outrun

If you plan a run up that heads a little north towards Penrith on the Saturday or Sunday, I may come down and join for a few hours. I have a family thing on the Saturday night that I can't be late for but can work around that.

safrane

Route on Sat takes us from the hotel and up to the main road from Penrith to Keswick via Ulswater. Then a loop round the Hoister Pass then back through Lorton and Keswick taking the main road to Grasmere then the hotel.

Sunday is towards Coniston and an afternoon tea on the Victorian Steamer after which we take in Hawkshead, the ferry and then the road to the Hotel.

MrMickS

Depending on work and the weather I'm interested in popping across on the Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMickS

Waiting to see what the weather holds for this. I do have some work to do that weekend but if the weather's good I'll come out for the drive and the work can wait until the Sunday.

safrane

Would be good to see you there.

Will drop you a PM with my number so you can let me know closer to the day.

safrane

Setting off tomorrow... anyone else for Saturday?

Three so far
Enzo 550
Mick Ghibli
Me GS

safrane

Morning all. For those joining us there is no mobile signal in the valley but note two on route from York.

Hope to see you both at 10:30

MrMickS

fbbf155bda4fc36998cdcda1dfe1771d.jpg

Great day out in the lakes. Nice to meet a couple more people.

Thanks for organising it Peter.

safrane

Yes a great blat around the countryside yesterday.
Today is a little more sedate and hopefully the weather will be kind.

Glad everyone enjoyed the drive.

CliveP1

Nice surprise near Kirkstone pass, good chat, hope you have a great drive out. Now Brenda knows exactly what I'm talking about. The sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro