Merc ML or LR Disco?

SPX

I've owned both vehicles Chris and I'd fully recommend the D3 but go for the V8 petrol because the TDV6 is asthmatic.

The W164 ML is not a bad motor by any stretch, I've owned the V6 CDi and the twin turbo V8 CDi, but it's more like an estate on steroids and is very wobbly without Airmatic.

Wack61

That's the power of the brand and the vehicle. The depreciation is glacial. His figure of £26K is simply what "we buy any car" offer, so is the back stop. That said, he's not fussed about every last penny so he'll probably out it at this anyway.

If that's what WBAC actually write the cheque out for I'll be amazed

It's also a different world to mine when somebody describes losing 28k over 4-5 years as glacial ,I don't think I've lost that on cars since I started driving in 1979 :baffle:

CatmanV2

If that's what WBAC actually write the cheque out for I'll be amazed

It's also a different world to mine when somebody describes losing 28k over 4-5 years as glacial ,I don't think I've lost that on cars since I started driving in 1979 :baffle:

To be fair, you've not *spent* that on cars since 1979 ;)

C

ChrisQP09

I've owned both vehicles Chris and I'd fully recommend the D3 but go for the V8 petrol because the TDV6 is asthmatic.

The W164 ML is not a bad motor by any stretch, I've owned the V6 CDi and the twin turbo V8 CDi, but it's more like an estate on steroids and is very wobbly without Airmatic.

Good call bro, I believe I seen you on the Merc forums, can't be too many SPX's :) I'm swayed towards the Disco 3 but need to see decent one with the updated body colored fenders.

Wack61

To be fair, you've not *spent* that on cars since 1979 ;)

C

I've spent close in the last 12 months 26k, b class , 4200, mx5

If I could turn the clock back I'd have bought a QP and a shopping trolley , this B class only does trips round warrington unless I'm driving it , it's a nice enough car but it does nothing for me at all

ChrisQP09

Great mod SPX, unless the D3 is black, the matching fenders are a must IMO. Beyond that not much left to update it to D4, such as the lights and grills.

SPX

It was a great vehicle Chris, such a great all rounder only let down by being underpowered in TDV6 form.

Also worth mentioning that the boot area is cavernous and still big with the sixth and seven seats up whereas the ML is more like an estate car on steroids.

PaulCambio

I'm on my second W163. First was a 320, current is a 270CDi. Not the best of cars, but ideal for using as a van or a dog carrier. The 320 suffered from a failed gearbox, which I replaced (exchange box) at around £3k. Engine blew up about 2 weeks later. I've had the 270 for 6 years now, and nothing serious has gone wrong yet. 145k on the clock. Cheap to buy, and not bad as a load lugger/second car.

ChrisQP09

Haha with a failed box and engine thereafter, I'm not sure another ML would have been the solution!

The more I consider these the more I'm put off and swayed again towards LR.