Stelvio review

MrMickS

Good competition for the F-Pace. I don't like the looks though. It looks like a Giulia in fat suit.

I can see it selling pretty well though. Especially as they'll probably not make the Maserati mistake and bring the petrol to the UK at launch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andyk

When they showed the V6 one at the Morirshow I thought it looked stunning.....This though I'm with Matt....very boring to look at. F Pave and Macan looks in a different league than this.

conaero

Forum Owner
Stelvio QV specs released, there will also be a Q4 2L TB with a 0-60 time of 5.4 secs, QV....

At the top of the range is the Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio, sporting a 2.9-liter twin-turbo V6 engine with best-in-class 505 hp and 443 lb-ft of torque. It also comes standard with Q4 all-wheel drive and has unique styling compared to the other Stelvio models. Standard are 20-inch wheels with high-performance Brembo brakes, Alfa DNA Pro with Race Mode and adjustable performance suspension, torque-vectoring differential, high-performance leather and Alcantara seats, Formula One-inspired steering wheel with red push-button start and steering-column-mounted aluminum paddle shifters. Options for the Quadrifoglio model include ultra-lightweight carbon-fiber-shell Sparco racing seats and an ultra-high-performance Brembo carbon-ceramic material brake system

StuartW

This is an SUV, correct? Carbon fibre racing seats and carbon ceramic brakes - surely that's a bit over the top?

iainw

It's seriously going for it. 0-60 3.9 is tempting. It will sell well for those who want to combine a
Sports car with the practicality of an SUV and have kids. If maserati did one with those figures and spec I would
Be tempted. Got to hand it to Alfa though.

MrMickS

It's seriously going for it. 0-60 3.9 is tempting. It will sell well for those who want to combine a
Sports car with the practicality of an SUV and have kids. If maserati did one with those figures and spec I would
Be tempted. Got to hand it to Alfa though.

In practical terms what's the real world difference between 4s and 5s? The Levante S, which we should get later this year, gets to 60 in 5.1s. it's a more capable off road vehicle and a step up in fittings to the Stelvio. I'd say that Maserati have it covered.

iainw

3.9 to 5.1 in my opinion is a world of difference.
it's more than the difference between a GT 4.2 and a Stradale.
Would you like to bring a rebuttal witness or is the case closed?

MrMickS

If you're on it absolutely it's the case. Usable performance for when you aren't on a track? Not so sure then especially in an SUV.