Stelvio review

iainw

I suggest it's more about the feeling of the car rather than just the time to reach 60. I agree no one will use a stop watch off the lights- but the set up and handing of say a Guilia QV will be night and day to a petrol ghibli or even a 4.7 GTS.
I can't imagine what it would feel like to drive a stelvio QV - but would be interesting to find out ! I tend to agree though that SUVs and sports cars serve totally different purposes and the stelvio QV will be an acquired taste. I haven't seen too many Macan turbos on the road.

IainS

You won't see many Macan turbos as Porsche limit supply of this model to the UK with pretty low annual allocations per dealer (some get only single digit allocations).

Ewan

I don't think the Macan Turbo is particularly limited. If you want one, you can buy one. Just not many people actually want one.

Think back to the Ghibli Cup. That was limited to 25 cars for the UK. But not for "exclusivity" reasons, but simply because they thought they'd not be able to sell any more. Which was about right.

Both are great cars though.

iainw

I don't think the Macan Turbo is particularly limited. If you want one, you can buy one. Just not many people actually want one.

Think back to the Ghibli Cup. That was limited to 25 cars for the UK. But not for "exclusivity" reasons, but simply because they thought they'd not be able to sell any more. Which was about right.

Both are great cars though.

Agree with you Ewan

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Saw a couple of Stelvios in France in the last week - a white one and a black one. They really do look good from the front. The rear could be pretty much any SUV. Didn't see a single Levante.......

MrMickS

Saw a couple of Stelvios in France in the last week - a white one and a black one. They really do look good from the front. The rear could be pretty much any SUV. Didn't see a single Levante.......

Not a surprise really about the lack of Levantes. The cheapest Stelvio is about €51k whereas the cheapest Levante is €74k. Different markets really. The cheapest Stelvio is priced around €5k above the Jaguar F Pace base model, so that's the competition. They are selling but the price point means you're bound to see more Stelvios.

Last edited:

conaero

Forum Owner
MAF and I also saw one on the road from Arnage to Le Lude last week, think it was red, looked very nice but didn't get a proper look as I had MAF pushing hard through the bends.

midlifecrisis

MAF and I also saw one on the road from Arnage to Le Lude last week, think it was red, looked very nice but didn't get a proper look as I had MAF pushing hard through the bends.

Stu and I saw possibly the same one in Le Lude, it was red. Looked good.

safrane

Not a surprise really about the lack of Levantes. The cheapest Stelvio is about €11k whereas the cheapest Levante is €74k. Different markets really. The cheapest Stelvio is priced around €5k above the Jaguar F Pace base model, so that's the competition. They are selling but the price point means you're bound to see more Stelvios.

If they are just 11k euro I will have three please.

Contigo

Sponsor
Sub 8 minute ring time impressive.

[video=youtube;gxnyt-ejVZY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxnyt-ejVZY[/video]

dem maser

I do like the stelvio and a price I got for one on lease but I became unemployed at the time so decided against it
I like it and would have one

Andyk

It may be fast and a good drive but it's an Alfa badge on a box....I can not get excited about this Alfa.

Andyk

After that video you can't get excited about it as an SUV?

No, just don't like the way it looks so doesn't matter how good it is.......From some angles it has the look at the Lavante as well and just still have not warmed to the styling of that either. Saw one of those Bently 4x4's on the road yesterday and that us even worse...Horrid looking car. From a distanc my wife asked if it was Japanese. Beginning of think Supercar makers should stick to what they do best....Great looking sports cars........I like the Cayenne but even that is ugly. The only 4x4 range for me that doesn't like non discript or ugly is the RR range but that's their thing. I think if needed more space or 4 Wherl drive I'd by an estate.....Sure a 5 series touring will carry more, handle better and do most of the things these boxes will as an everyday car.

iainw

No, just don't like the way it looks so doesn't matter how good it is.......From some angles it has the look at the Lavante as well and just still have not warmed to the styling of that either. Saw one of those Bently 4x4's on the road yesterday and that us even worse...Horrid looking car. From a distanc my wife asked if it was Japanese. Beginning of think Supercar makers should stick to what they do best....Great looking sports cars........I like the Cayenne but even that is ugly. The only 4x4 range for me that doesn't like non discript or ugly is the RR range but that's their thing. I think if needed more space or 4 Wherl drive I'd by an estate.....Sure a 5 series touring will carry more, handle better and do most of the things these boxes will as an everyday car.

I agree re sports car makers and SUVs. Alfa have done the best job of all though IMO

Andyk

Nah....Main stream apart from RR...Jaguar ....F Pace and the new E Pace are styled well...

Will say though I get they all make these to survive.....