Daly drive.

Steve GS

So as the title suggests my wife is looking for a new daly drive. She is looking at the jag xe. For around £25k. I say put another £5 k to the budget. And get a Ghibli with about 30 k on the clock a slightly bigger car yes but I think a better car for the extra money. Some opinions would be great and anyone that's had both comparisons please.

highlander

Probably be booted off the forum but I think the jag not only better value but better future proofed.
I'll get my coat

outrun

There has NEVER been a Jag since the E-Type that wasn't worth pennies after 10 years. Not the XKR, not the X-type, not the XJS, not the XJ6, not the XK8, not the XJ and very very likely, not the XE either.

Steve GS

There has NEVER been a Jag since the E-Type that wasn't worth pennies after 10 years. Not the XKR, not the X-type, not the XJS, not the XJ6, not the XK8, not the XJ and very very likely, not the XE either.

She won't keep it ten years.

midlifecrisis

Wait till Andy comes along, he's got a diesel XE R-Sport. I test drove one last week a 200bhp petrol version. It's quick, well built and is aluminium.
You're looking at around 31k though.
Mercs C200 and BMW 320 sport are similar prices.

hoyin

Probably be booted off the forum but I think the jag not only better value but better future proofed.
I'll get my coat

Have you seen the depreciation on an XF?

I think they are good cars. But it is a Jag. Next you will need some slippers and a smoking jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve GS

Wait till Andy comes along, he's got a diesel XE R-Sport. I test drove one last week a 200bhp petrol version. It's quick, well built and is aluminium.
You're looking at around 31k though.
Mercs C200 and BMW 320 sport are similar prices.
Get a really good 16 plate low mile 2ltr petrol for £25 k.
Not looking at getting new. Low end merc and BMW so boring. Our opinion

Steve GS

Have you seen the depreciation on an XF?

I think they are good cars. But it is a Jag. Next you will need some slippers and a smoking jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ghibli £56-£65k new 2 year old 30-35k.
XE 25-35k new 1-2 year old 20-25 k.
I think that's a bit of a difference

rockits

I don't think Maserati residuals are any better are they?

rockits

I bought a 3 year old XJ for 23k and lost about 2k per year for over 2.5 years. I don't think that is too bad really for a very nice fast, comfortable car. Certainly wouldn't have wanted it for the 1st 3 years!

Nothing went wrong other than routine servicing and consumables. I was very impressed with it. Jaguar have come on a long way and would always be on my radar.

dem maser

Does it have to be new?

I'll be selling my 2012 BMW 320d M Sport Auto soon

Great car, i recommend you get one....fast, economical and the class leader

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
A decently specced BMW 335D X-Drive. A fabulous car; quick, economical and a great drive. So good, I've just bought another one.

iainw

The 'i' which is needed in the thread title is bugging me.
IMO a ghibli for 30k is a no brainer. Lost loads of value , looks different to the pack and most people
Will think it cost loads as it's a maserati. Not many people will know they are now selling Maserati's at Toyota garages for sub 30k ... oh how things have changed

Steve GS

A decently specced BMW 335D X-Drive. A fabulous car; quick, economical and a great drive. So good, I've just bought another one.

It's for the family drive. The 3 series to small in the back. We have tested the cars out for size

P R

Ghibli is great as an everyday car.

Consider also the new and excellent Alfa Giulia..