Purflux oil filter LS332

philw696

Right guys can anybody tell me if i can get a oil filter for my car from a local motor factor.
Mine tell me that they cannot supply me one and it wont cross referance with say a Mahle Connect?
Any help appreciated.
Phil.

Dave

Couldn't find any cross reference anywhere despite many hours of searching and contact with auto factors. In the end I bought an original for £26. I'm also looking at air filters as well so if I'm lucky I'll post the result.

philw696

Thanks for that Dave seems to be closed shop by Maserati.
I thought under the right to repair campaign that was not allowed?
In the Bristol area my factors drew a blank.
Phil.

Dave

Mine too (Weymouth) bought mine from the Lyndhurst Maserati dealer - they even offered to post it but had a whizz up on the bike to get it.

philw696

Ok guys got my filter from eurospares well thought i would buy 2 and get a couple of pollen filters as well £10 postage thought thats reasonable was not expecting the total to come to £152.24.
But hey came the next day.
Upto my local Shell station for the oil thought id get 10 litres of 5W40 Helix ultra only had litre tubs at £11.99.
Quick call to my motor factor 2 five litre tubs just over £60 with the vat done.
One little job done as we go into winter.
Do we as members of the forum get a discount from eurospares?
Looking through their glossy booklet the service kit seams exceptional value against buying the way i did.
Phil.

lozcb

As yet no discount for forum members from Eurospares , James always says his prices are cut to the bone ( well someone has to pay for his new Mclaren) but we do from opie oils who do quite a large range of bits for Maserati servicing , try using Denso iridium IU 24 Phil absolutely excellent plugs , Bmc air filters are also a good buy , if you like a little more induction noise ,

regards loz

philw696

Right guys just found out that the pollen filler for the 4200 is a Mahle Connect LAK 64 or a Fram CFA8788.
These numbers could easily cross reference into any make that takes your fancy.
My motor factor says they retail at £19.84 so i would only pay about £12.00.
Thats a lot cheaper than i just paid Eurospares!
Just wish i could cross ref the oil filter.
Phil.

lozcb

Right guys just found out that the pollen filler for the 4200 is a Mahle Connect LAK 64 or a Fram CFA8788.
Phil.

Good work Phil , one to sticky i think matt

regards loz

Parisien

Phil.

Good work Phil, are these produced in same factory and then branded Maserati?

I would be ultra careful about the oil filter though.........and nearly same on air filter!!

If you can double check and the put on alternative parts thread?

Cheers!

P

philw696

Ok guys the oil filter made by Purflux in france for a Italian car bizzare in my mind but as far as i can see only available from Maserati sources.
The pollen filter will be made to the same spec as oe if not better with my expereience with Mahle and i have been on the spanners for 30 years and have considerable experience of many different oe parts.
I will continue to investigate further as i will continue to maintain my motor myself especially as i don't think it will affect the value of it further.
I will record everything i do on it under the good garage scheme administered by Forte.
Phil.

Parisien

Aint Purflux a French company? No doubt theres some code which will identify it some how!

As per any "assembly" plant type factory.......Maserati sources many parts from all over the world.....we will await your findings with anticipation...:)

P

philw696

Purflux defineately French but im guessing they can only supply Maserati with that filter and the purflux part number LS332 will not cross reference ive tried with all my factors even Euro Car Parts the UK's biggest motor factor who claim to supply any part for any car can't supply for a 4200.
I subscribe to Autodata and they have no tech info for our cars.
More info in the owners handbook!
Phil.

Parisien

It looks as if we need inside info then..........;)...or a lucky break.....:)......there was a thread on the German forum, they had an alternate parts section too.....but couldn't find anything useful back in the springtime!

P

JAGPURR

Hi Phil,

This may be an interesting avenue to try.
The engine block is shared with a Ferrari F430 and if you look through the eurospares website you can see that the Water/oil pump assembly are pretty much identical, and this is where the filter mounts. Although the filters have different numbers I would think there is no reason for them to be different ?? The maserati filter is 24 quid but the Ferrari filter is only 18 quid. Do any of your cross reference books give the filter dimensions to compare? Just a thought!
Keith

Parisien

Hi Phil,

This may be an interesting avenue to try.
The engine block is shared with a Ferrari F430 and if you look through the eurospares website you can see that the Water/oil pump assembly are pretty much identical, and this is where the filter mounts. Although the filters have different numbers I would think there is no reason for them to be different ?? The maserati filter is 24 quid but the Ferrari filter is only 18 quid. Do any of your cross reference books give the filter dimensions to compare? Just a thought!
Keith

Good work..JP...another bulk buy..........:)

P

Parisien

Phil.

Phil, did you clarify these compatibility nos/issue?

Also I believe the pollen filter is the same as the Alfa 166s....anyone confirm?

P