Gransport bits and 2016 Nav DVD for a Granturismo

montravia

I have the discs. I've loaded some. The process is tortuous, error prone and takes hours. I've already drained the battery sufficient to disable the locks and NIT reset, despite being on trickle charge with CTEK.

Stuart has posted the process here.

http://www.sportsmaserati.co.uk/showthread.php/23382-Procedure-for-Sat-Nav-Disc-Update

Give me a while to load them, and then I'll be in touch to arrange distribution.

Probably easier if I do image copies, verify them, rather than pass them serially.

Standby

montravia

Can we possibly work a deal whereby the Sat Nav dvds are purchased then passed around the GT contingent?
Moz

Moz,

I'm almost done loading the discs, I've four left to do. After draining the battery, I'm leaving the car running during load - the trickle charger didn't keep pace.

They take ages, and only doing a couple a day.

You're at the head of the list, so PM me your address and I'll post when I've finished.

Guys, do you all want individual copies or wait in a chain?

I am doing copies but again it's time.

StuartW

Indeed Robin, it is a chore but I hope they're loading ok for you. I'd be happy to borrow just the UK one please if that's ok but there's no rush
Cheers

montravia

Are you sure? There's separate discs for France Italy Benelux Germany for a basic European jaunt.

Ping me your address if you really just want GB or quite happy doing more

Contigo

Sponsor
The Sat nav is woeful so I don't use it, use Google Maps or Waze when abroad as it has real time traffic and just works. It's nice to have the latest maps if I ever need them etc....

rockits

Can't remember the last time I used Sat Nav in any car for a long time as most are so naf. Always use my phone now.

GeoffCapes

The sat nav in my Merc is excellent, although it could do with an update.

The GT one isn't bad, however it could do with a postcode search!

montravia

Agree with all of that. Google maps is excellent especially with traffic recalculation. It just annoys me to see the Nav showing me driving across fields which have been superceded by trunk roads years ago. I don't update the BMW or Toploino but having got La Ragazza completely up to spec I like to see this fixed.

Most car Navs are cr#p anyway and when I bought a nearly new 4×4 for the wife and asked for the satnav to be updated as part of an expensive add on package and was quoted £350 additional I went ballistic. In the end tbey were stuffing cash back to me to avoid publicty fallout. It was till cr#ap and, in fact the thing was rubbish and got rid of the f##cking thing in a few weeks.

Pi$$es me off. I get a full European Nav Database with flight planning, weather, NOTAMS and Airport Plates for less than £100.a year

StuartW

The sat nav in my Merc is excellent, although it could do with an update.

The GT one isn't bad, however it could do with a postcode search!

Mine has a postcode search, albeit for the 5 characters only, but I don't think it's a bad as some make out. Does yours not have this facility Mark?

montravia

Discs loaded, a complete set about to be dispatched to the head of the queue, and a single GB and Ireland disc elsewhere.

Moz has offered to pass on the first copy set. If you are all able to do this, then it'll limit the number of disc sets that I copy, but makes the process a little more serial.

Get in touch again, let me know if you want a complete set, or subset eg GB, France, Italy, Benelux, Germany, Spain and Balearics or whatever

The complete set is:-
Maserati Granturismo Navigation Disks 2016
Disk Identity Disk Name Disk Reference Coverage Loaded Copied
TD4M2101000EU RT4 MM NORTH EAST EASTERN EUROPE 2016 940000546 Estonia, Belarus, Latvia, Moldovia, Ukraine Yes
TD4M2201000EU RT4 MM NORTH WEST EASTERN EUROPE 2016 940000546 Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia
TD4M2001000EU RT4 MM SOUTH EASTERN EUROPE 2016 940000546 Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romanina, Serbia Yes
TD4M0601000EU RT4 MM SCANDINAVIA 2016 940000546 Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden Yes
TD4M1301000EU RT4 MM CENTRAL EUROPE 2016 940000546 Austria, Liechtentein, Switzerland Yes
TD4M0301000EU RT4 MM SPAIN/PORTUGAL 2016 940000546 Gibraltar, Portugal, Spain (including Canary Islands)
TD4M1201000EU RT4 MM GERMANY 2016 940000546 Germany Yes
TD4M0401000EU RT4 MM BENELUX 2016 940000546 Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands Yes
TD4M0101000EU RT4 MM Italy 2016 940000546 Italy, Malta, San Marino Yes
TD4M0201000EU RT4 MM France 2016 940000546 Andorra, France, Monaco Yes
TD4M0501000EU RT4 MM Great Britain/Ireland 2016 940000546 Channel Island, Great Britain, Ireland, Island of Man, Northern Ireland Yes

Contact me offline, with you're needs, any time constraints for an imminent trip (although I'll be using Google maps as prime), address.

Alternatively send me a pm for my address, and send me 11 CD's (not DVD's) in a wallet with your return address and I'll bash out some copies.

Anyone else who offers to do additional copy sets gets to the head of the queue.

I'm retaining masters for prudence.

GeoffCapes

Mine has a postcode search, albeit for the 5 characters only, but I don't think it's a bad as some make out. Does yours not have this facility Mark?

I think it gives me co-ordinates. But then I've not read the manual at all.

montravia

The first set has been sent out to Moz.
StuartW has been sent GB with Ireland CD

Moz has offered to make a further copy to pass on before his loading.
CatmanV2 is kindly sending me a set of blank CD's for his copy
I'm happy to keep on making copies.

This is the list of those who expressed interest in the order voiced.:-

Moz Tx'd Making a further set to pass on
Contigo UK only?
granturismo
CatmanV2 Sending CD's for copy
StuartW Single CD Tx'd
PJZ
mattjevans
campagnola
outrun

I'll try to honour the order of request, so granturismo you're next on the list, followed by PJZ.
Both of you PM me with your addresses.
Moz and I will divvy up between us who-does-what in making the next pair of full sets, and who is the rx'er.
Awaiting CatmanV2's blank CD's, be done as soon as they arrive.
If anyone is willing to send me a set of blanks, they'll jump the queue.
Ditto if they offer to make a further set to pass on.

If we have enough sets in circulation, happy for the word to go out, discretely mind, let's not us upsetting M UK.

My thanks and indebtedness go to Yoghurt for making them available FOC.

Forget the drivel recently exhibited here, this is what community forums is all about.

Your most 'umble servant.

StuartW

Good work Robin

I will be ready to forward the copy of the UK maps once loaded to whoever is next in line

Thanks again