Who needs a red Masterkey for his 3200GT ?

mistaminista

Just in case:
I found a solution how to read out the car's masterkey and the electronic code (which is different) from immo ecu or even from engine ecu (maybe if you bought a engine ecu on ebay and want it to work with your 3200).

If you're interested please send me a PM.

Best wishes,
Carl

davy83

I got my master key rebuilt by the guy in wales who used to do this. He does not do this anymore sadly so its great some one has got it sorted!

mistaminista

It seems like most of us 3200GT owners dont bother about having all the keys, code cards, etc.
Maybe I can at least give you some information about the 3200GTs security system:

Maserati_key-open-small3.jpg

The 3200GT has two completely different security systems:

(1) The remote System is made by "Meta System" (Italy) and consists of the remote fobs in the black keys (the red key doesnt have a remote), the alarm control unit and the red code card with a 16 digit hex code.
You can add new remote fobs to your car, but only if they were precoded with the code from the red card. So if you loose the red code card you can't add new remotes.

(2) The immobilizer system made by Magneti Marelli.
Everytime you turn the ignition on with a working key the Immobilizer Unit sends the unique masterkey (which is also stored in the red key) to the engine ecu (only then the engine ecu will let you start the engine).
"Working Key" means that its transponder key is stored in the Immobilizer Control Unit, it also doesn't matter if you use a red key or black key.
The only difference is, that when using the red key, the immobilizer unit activates a key storing mode with which you can store more black keys within a timewindow of some seconds.
The grey Code Card contains a mechanical key (for cutting the keys) and an electronic code which is (lets say) part of the whole masterkey.
With the electronic code you can start the car by "typing" in this key with the accelerator pedal, f.e. if your black keys dont work anymore and you dont have a red key.
In contrast, the electronic code on the grey code card is not enough information to make a new red key (as it doesnt contain the whole masterkey).

If you loose your red key and your immobilizer control unit doesnt work anymore or you loose both black keys you will have to buy a whole set of new keys and control units which is very expensive.
So I would say its very important to have the red key.

Of course its also nice to have if you want to sell your car :)

Hope I could help you with that.

Cheers,
Carl

bill

Hi Carl
I have pm you for some more details about this and wonder if you got it? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robbe

Question, I have a black key, and an aftermarket system for remote locking.
Any idea if this overrules the red key part?
The black key is only for starting now, and the remote on the black key does not seem to work.
Do I have a weird set up?

davy83

I also got my car with one black key and an after market central locking system and alarm. So in this case one of the two parrallel systems shown above is now replaced with an after market central locking system.
Your key now links with the immobiliser and the little coil in the steering column to make sure its an authentic key to start the car, but has no effect on the locks. You still need a red key to add new keys to the immobiliser, or do like I did and buy some spare black keys from Maserati and get some one to program the immobiliser to cancel the lost keys and add the new ones. You can get one of the black keys set up as the master which thne functions as a red key in future.
I also only got one radio control for the after market alarm system so i replaced this to give me a spare lock remote.
Not sure if this answers your question?

Question, I have a black key, and an aftermarket system for remote locking.
Any idea if this overrules the red key part?
The black key is only for starting now, and the remote on the black key does not seem to work.
Do I have a weird set up?

Jonathan46

Hi do you still have the process for creating a master red key from the ecu? I bought a car cheap and i think the keys were lost when it was repossessed many years ago. I have tried going to all the old owners from the dvla list, but no responses from any of them.

MRichards

The previous owner of my car refused to hand over the red key & I assume that after several years it is now lost. I have four working black keys & a red card. Can you make me a red key ? I am in Melbourne,Australia.
If it helps I may be able to get a red key from a car which has been wrecked.

HF-Björn

Is there any solution for replacing masterkey now a days? I'm intrested in a car but it has lost it's masterkey.

safrane

There was a Co. advertising a service to make the replacement for Fiat group car RED keys - Not sure if they still trade though.