A familiar 4200 at auction right now!

D Walker

Fantastic too see!!!
I've been in it and it pulled like a train!!!
Well done for saving, you've a top car once all sorted, Newton is an old school engineer so it was well fettled!!

ttt0000

To be honest, all I did was google anything and everything Maserati related to learn about them. All hubby did was fit a new battery and she started first turn of the key, all the hard work was Newtons.
The new fuel flap will be here this week and a proper power polish clean and she will be as good as Newton made her so all credit to him.
Yes, she is rather loud and once FTech have done the clutch in the next few weeks, she will be ready for a longer outing :)

CatmanV2

Personally I meant it was so cool because:
1) Newton's a well loved member of this community
2) His loss was felt and shared by us all
3) The car is being rescued by someone that clearly cares
4) and we've got a new member who's as keen / mad / odd as the rest of us

:D

It's all bloody wonderful

C

allandwf

^ It is, Newton AND your car are part of the forum history. It is great that it will live again, it could so easily have ended up being lost.
PS. I too have had the pleasure of being driven in the car :)

CatmanV2

^ It is, Newton AND your car are part of the forum history. It is great that it will live again, it could so easily have ended up being lost.
PS. I too have had the pleasure of being driven in the car :)

I haven't. But I've certainly had the privilege of having it parked outside. And hearing it with that induction :D :D :D

Oh and Newton has put up with my atrocious driving round Brunty :D

C

2b1ask1

Special case
Ah yes the induction howl on full chat....

This is humbling, for sure I did put a lot into it over the nearly six years, just enjoyed every minute of working on it. Getting the clutch to 60,000 + miles was a major achievement.

2b1ask1

Special case
Do make sure you get F-tech to change the spigot bearing whilst they are in there doing the clutch.

philw696

Nice to catch up on this and agree with all the comments made.
Really pleased it's staying on this Great Forum :)

safrane

FTech did my spigot on request - it was fine but I did not want an Owl Hoot a few months down the line. My release bearing was done at the same time, thankfully the fly wheel was done by the last owner on the second clutch change.