A familiar 4200 at auction right now!

2b1ask1

Special case
They seem to have lost the key as well! If anyone is brave enough to take it on I have some paperwork and history for it still.

2b1ask1

Special case
Less than a day to go, it has just crept over £2k and the reserve is off! That's a whole lot of spares for someone right there. One of the strongest 4200 engines out there, faultless gearbox and a good deal more about it for someone!

Andyk

Why was it lifted with a fork?
Surely it can't be that bad to only worth 3k

Stolen recovered when Newton had it I believe....Not sure the state when returned but would imagine this had something to do with it....Sure Newton can enlighten though.

2b1ask1

Special case
Seems the thieves did a couple of hundred miles in it, enough to require refuelling which they achieved by jemying the filler flap off! So there is a small amount of damage to the rear quarter. I doubt they damaged the engine or gearbox or any of the running gear as they didn't crash it. The clutch was slipping when they stole it an I was getting ready to change it last summer so I imagine it is totally out now.

The forks is how the salvage yards move them around from offloading the transporters to positioning them in the yard they just drive in under the front in huge forklifts with 4m forks with just a couple of old tyres against the gate and lift away, they do not care or know there is anything underneath that will be damaged, that is just how they do it. I tell you a cried a little seeing it bounce across the yard when I got to check for personal items in the boot!

davy83

this might be quite a good deal for someone? you looked after that car up until it was stolen!

2b1ask1

Special case
Well it has sold:

IMG_3903.jpg

£4.6k worth that all day long, someone has a bargain there. If they are on here I'll happily talk them through what I know about it.

StuartW

That does look an excellent deal - lets hope it makes it back on the road and not in bits which is what I was concerned about when it was hovering around the £2k level

philw696

Newton, PM sent from a new Maserati owners widow, oops, sorry, I mean wife! :)

Welcome and did you buy it ?
I bought my 04 one as a project which is on here as a thread Project 4200 with a failed Oil/Waterpump unit.
They can be very rewarding to put right.
Mine also suffered some floor damage in loading for shipping to bring to New Zealand.
A Good panel beater soon sorted it and you would never know.
Keep us posted.IMG_20141117_114042.jpg

ttt0000

Hi Phil
Yes, hubby has decided he needs a mid-life crisis hence the purchase. Our transporter has text to say the car is in really good condition and they asked to tow her onto the flatbed to limit any damage to the underneath. She will arrive in Swindon within the next hour. Hubby is a Panel beater by trade and has mechanically maintained all our vehicles but this will be a learning curve!
Newton has already been a great help and we look forward to getting her on the road again.
Your photo looked scary, I hope that didn't cause too much damage?
Anyone know the best place to buy a new clutch from?

safrane

You could try FTech in Exeter who recently fitted mine and Martyns cars with one.

They have a covered trailer which is available at a reasonable cost to collect/deliver.

Expect it to cost aprox £2k including new bearings and other parts and about another £300 if the flywheel is shot.

If DL want to price match then go for them too, but the quote I had from them was 60% more.

PS local ish to you in N Bristol and on my third 4200/GS.

allandwf

Welcome, looking forward to hearing how the Rd commissioning goes. It should end up a really nice car. I have a few pics of it from Italy that I can forward once I'm home.