Ghibli Primatist

F456M

Hello!!

I can add your interesting Primatist thread, that one of the Germany cars were bought by a Norwegian sea man, who lived in Kalahonda, Spain (close to Marbella) when he was not sailing the seas. As I had a Ghibli too at the moment and had it up for sale in Norway, he called me to make me sell his car for him when he retired and moved to Thailand! But to sell a Primatist in Spain from my Norwegian location was very difficult so I picked up the car and drove it to Oslo though Europe. I advertized it on Enrico's Maserati pages, and after a time, I got e-mails from a guy in Japan, in a quite "interesting" Japenglish Language... I thought this was spam as I did not have a proper spam filter at that time. After some conversation back and forth, he booked a plane to Oslo, and had his first journey outside Japan with his wife! He HAD to get that car. The truth is that he already had one more Primatist in Japan!! So this car had Spanish ragistration, but was a Germany Primatist with "carbon" panels instead of the light wood. It also had a Cup steering wheel and rims, so close to a Cup. It was a blast and it did 260 kph with ease several times. Went through France via Paris and it was excellent on the road. That two litre engine is a masterpiece. At 180 kph. it was running on vacuum (underboost), so very efficient! I can attach a few photos... Also a photo of Mr. Hidetoshi and myself in front of the gate at the port outside Oslo where I left the car to never see it again.... A bit sad!! This was the summer of 2010. Sold for 20.000 Euro back then which was a good price for the car. He paid it in CASH (euro notes)!!!

Attachments

• Primatist.jpg
    Primatist.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Primatist int.jpg
    Primatist int.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 105
  • Hidetoshi.jpg
    Hidetoshi.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 109
  • Prima service.jpg
    Prima service.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 110
  • prima2.jpg
    prima2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Prima.jpg
    Prima.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 105

Corranga

Beautiful car, the Primatist. Never seen one in the flesh, but in photos the colour suits it perfectly, and the interior, whilst a bit brave, I think looks really nice.

The photos of the car with the reversed leather a few pages back, reminded me a little of the blue GranSport tech cloth interior

GeoffCapes

The Cup is available....

PM me if you're interested.

What? Typical. If you could get him to hang on to it until I move I'll have it!
If I bought it before I would be going through divorce proceedings. And I actually like my wife!

Ewan

It's not definitely for sale, but I suspect it is. Contact the owner, Soprano Stu (an advertiser on this site).

cedfred

The original designer of the Biturbo was Pierangelo Andreani but Marcello Gandini did the facelift design on the last cars (2.24v series ii, 4.24v series ii, 222 4v, 430 4v, and Racing) which incorporated his trademark spoiler at the base of the windscreen etc, also seen on his facelift of the DeTomaso Pantera, the SI. I believe he did also design the Ghibli to a certain extent although again this was more of a major facelift to the Biturbo shape rather than a new design from scratch.

Fred, I'm not sure if you've seen this French car which claims to be a Primatist? It states Primatist in the guarantee but the chassis number is much earlier than the earliest Primatist I know of which is *361856. The colour of this French car also looks to be Azzuro Glass rather than Blu Mare, there don't appear to be any Primatist badges on the side and the interior is different, although the turquoise accents seem to be similar to a genuine Primatist.

View attachment 44405

View attachment 44406

View attachment 44407
I'm replying a bit late to this one... but at the time this car was for sell, I've contacted Maserati and they confirmed it was not listed as a Primatist... and that its initial color was different.