Ferrari 412

zagatoes30

Love the Jag for all it's old school Englishness but you can't beat a stylish Italian coupe and the 130 is up there with the best of Latin flair

Arvid

130, Ferrari Dino based engine, nice cars but expensive to maintain

Andy, That is a common misperception and several Fiat 130 Coupe owners drive around with a Ferrari logo on their cars. The Fiat 2.8/3.2 SOHC V6 engines was designed by Aurelio Lampredi - most known for Fiat 4-cylinder SOHC and DOHC. The Ferrari V6 was the child of Vittorio Jano who also designed the V8's.

allandwf

What Arvid said. When I had my Fiat Dino many people used to say "same engine as the 130" I'm not sure where the rumour started.

zagatoes30

Andy, That is a common misperception and several Fiat 130 Coupe owners drive around with a Ferrari logo on their cars. The Fiat 2.8/3.2 SOHC V6 engines was designed by Aurelio Lampredi - most known for Fiat 4-cylinder SOHC and DOHC. The Ferrari V6 was the child of Vittorio Jano who also designed the V8's.

Bl00dy ****, I was always of the understanding that it was derived from the same unit, every day is a learning day

Arvid

I'm not sure why it's commonly said that these engines are related but it has been like that for decades. Could be the fact that Lampredi worked and designed engines for Ferrari until 1955 and directly after that worked and designed engines for Fiat until the 1970's. The Fiat engine is a rather slow spinning and torquey engine compared with the fiery prancing horse. Abarth did make an inlet for three Webers and some performance cams but they are rarely found - if ever :) So far I've only seen one car with that setup.

Tallman

It generally lurches from one issue to another:confused:
Most recently it was a broken distributor.
But right now she is running perfectly and the engine bay looks a picture after a cosmetic refresh.
View attachment 91056View attachment 91057
I’ve always been a fan of the 365/400/412, that late 70’s/ early 80’s modern look, like the Lagonda, just a pity that supercars of that era were notoriously unreliable. Kudos for keeping her running and in good condition :clapps:, can imagine getting parts is a nightmare…

Ewan

Your Mondial looks fabulous to me! I'd love a blue Mondial T Cabrio, with a tan interior. And I'm sorely tempted to get a Dino 308GT4 as well....

MaserMike

Your Mondial looks fabulous to me! I'd love a blue Mondial T Cabrio, with a tan interior. And I'm sorely tempted to get a Dino 308GT4 as well....
Thank you, she was my first Ferrari and led me to buy the Testarossa. Similar tastes and I also really wanted a Mondial T Cabrio with tan interior and was very close to buying a red Dino too. I love the Maserati Bora and Merak too.

Oneball

Have you seen the faff to put a Mondial hood down?

There’s this bit in Day of the Jackal where he stops at a col and puts the hood down on the Alfa in about 5 seconds makes you wonder how they could do it in the 60s but not 20 years later.