Shamal

zagatoes30

Just seen this Classic Cars - Shamal is it Ewans old one? I assume it is being blue, manual and low mileage.

Outside my price range but these still tick a lot of boxes for me. I could just see one parked next to the SZ in my garage - if only :)

Contigo

Sponsor
Yep reduced price, not shifting at that. Overpriced compared to the LHD one which Dicky Sold into Spain.

Ewan

It is indeed my old car. I sold it for £85k, so by that figure, the new reduced price looks good value. (They had it up at £99k a couple of months back but have steadily reduced it.) It really is an excellent car and a perfectly good place to park, say, £75k.

Only 7 RHD UK cars were made, as opposed to about 350 or so LHD. Hence the difference in price. But that said, a similar condition and mileage LHD car would still cost at least £60k. Dickies car had higher mileage, hence the lower price.

zagatoes30

It is indeed my old car. I sold it for £85k, so by that figure, the new reduced price looks good value. (They had it up at £99k a couple of months back but have steadily reduced it.) It really is an excellent car and a perfectly good place to park, say, £75k.

I have no doubt but not sure Mrs Z would thank me for selling one of the children, although on some days maybe she would ;)

GeoffCapes

The Maserati that made me fall in love with Maserati's.

If I had the money, I'd have that in a heartbeat.

safrane

Same here Mark.

I recall an article in Car back in 1991 when Meridian brought the first one to the UK, red with black leather.

Sadly I left the mag in my first 4200 when I sold it.

GeoffCapes

I remember hearing one, then seeing it scream along city road in London at 8.30 in the morning on my way to work.

I saw Maserati on the back, went straight into a newsagents and bought Performance Car magazine where they had a feature on the Shamal, it looked out of this world, and from that day until last January I promised myself that one day I'd own a Maserati.

rockits

Very nice that. Shame it isn't 40k. My pockets aren't that deep.

Especially as the idiot finance sector won't give us the same amount we already have on the mortgage already. When we moved 2 years or so ago we couldn't get a mortgage for love nor money. Apparently a 48% deposit wasn't enough. Oh and we don't earn enough to afford the mortgage we have been paying with no issue for the last 2 years. Idiots. Idiots. Idiots.

That 40k could have bought a nice car!