Car tax 2017!!

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Only for cars registered after this date though so current cars haven't changed have they?

That's correct. If you're thinking of buying a new car for over £40K then you need to get it sorted before 1 April otherwise you get hit with an extra payment. Busy checking the build schedule on my new one on a regular basis!

bigbob

That's correct. If you're thinking of buying a new car for over £40K then you need to get it sorted before 1 April otherwise you get hit with an extra payment. Busy checking the build schedule on my new one on a regular basis!

Only the case if CO2 is under 226g. As many >£40k cars are mind.

Spartacus

Dem , you are a worrier arn't you! :worried1:

...They never change tax bands for old cars . Only new ones.

Last edited:

dem maser

oh i see Drew and Spart.......Still though...has an effect on me with the Giulia, that will be after April

dem maser

Yes and No.....if i dont get the Giulia as bosses can be assholes sometimes then i can get a 320d to replace mine as i want like for like as its the perfect car for me but the new one will now be more expensive....either way its costing more

zagatoes30

In the big picture another £120 per year on a car that costs over £30k new is not exactly a lot. The way fuel prices are increasing at the moment that will hit your wallet harder than £120 a year

Contigo

Sponsor
What will smart is the fact that Tesla's which are currently free to tax will be over £400 a year or more based on the fact they are over £40k :D

Wack61

My green bin is an optional £30 a year now on top of the rates increase so tax is increasing just through the back door

alfatwo

My green bin is an optional £30 a year now on top of the rates increase so tax is increasing just through the back door

Rugby Town Council tried to pull that one too, there was such an outcry... the green bin collection is back to normal next week

Skanker's!

Dave

Trev Latter

£45 over her for the green bin. Brought in last year as a "trial". As if they were ever going to reverse the decision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk