2012/2013 Real world MPG GTS

Heavenly

Hi Guys.
Just after some info please.
Can owners give me real world MPG for the GTS.
If I were to dabble into this id expect around 13-14 spirited but on long journeys is it possible to get over 20mpg when just cruising down the motorway sensibly when out with family etc?
I just wonder what sort of MPG people have had in theirs in different scenarios and if the Auto to MC also makes a difference?.
Thanks in advance.

bigbob

Hi auto is longer geared so drinks less on a cruise. I average about 21 mpg with a range of, roughly, 16 to 26.

rockits

Not a direct comparison but I average 19mpg on my 2007 4.2 QP V ZF Auto. Mix of short & medium journeys with occasional longer one. I had 28mpg on cruise set at 70mph back from picking up in Cardiff a few months back.

I'm guessing a GT is a bit lighter & don't expect the 4.7 to be worse so you should see that mpg I would have thought.

CatmanV2

I get about 22 on the GT in mixed driving. So better than I did on the 4200. More on motorways

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
All sounds about right. Even done 25 in a long 50mph section of motorway. Reckon on 22ish average on a sedate run, mid-teens if you throw in lots of enjoyment. I think my actual average is just around 20.

hoyin

Errrr mine is averaging around 12-14mpg.

But this is mainly town driving.

If I hit the motorway I can sometimes see 20mpg.

This is in a 4.7 MC Shift in Sport Mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AD Royalty

cruising at around 70 mph, i get 23-24 mpg
and im driving 4.2 F1 gear.

in general 4.7 with ZF gear will get better mpg as it have longer gears and lower rpm's in cruising.

Contigo

Sponsor
The 4.7 engine is quite a bit thirstier than the 4.2 in the GT/S. I get 11 mpg around town and up to 20 on a long motorway run.

conaero

Forum Owner
My GTS used to empty its tank quicker than any other V8 I have owned...but I did thrash it.

Worth every penny in my books :)

StuartW

All sounds about right. Even done 25 in a long 50mph section of motorway. Reckon on 22ish average on a sedate run, mid-teens if you throw in lots of enjoyment. I think my actual average is just around 20.

I'd go along with that. The Stradale actually seems a little better on fuel so far but maybe I'm not driving it hard enough

Lozzingers

I had a 4.2 with Larini back boxes - think my average was around 22 mpg, totally varying driving style. Did get 29.9mpg on a run from Poole to Heathrow at about 70 + a bit - once at speed they slip through the air fairly well so are quite economical - just getting 2 tonnes up to speed takes it out of the engines!
Had a few runs in the teens as it would be rude not to!
Laurence

Digsy

About 15mpg with mostly urban driving. I think the best I've managed was about 18mpg on a motorway run.

FF1078

Usually 17 MPG here and there but drove to London from York and saw 29.7 with cruise dead on 70mph
4.7 MC

Contigo

Sponsor
Just checked mine and in last 800 miles have averaged 13.5 MPG (mainly round town driving).