Harry does the Levante

safrane

Likewise Andy, weekly commute along the M4 to central London from Bristol and the only ones I have seen are outside HR Owen.

Exclusive indeed, but hopefully they will keep selling...Can't see all this new Anti Diesel talk helping long term though.

Marco07

I've been told this evening (by Maserati GB) that the petrol version isn't coming to the UK. If you want one you'll have to get a LHD euro one and bring it over yourself.

Just killed my interest in it I'm afraid.

MrMickS

I've been told this evening (by Maserati GB) that the petrol version isn't coming to the UK. If you want one you'll have to get a LHD euro one and bring it over yourself.

Just killed my interest in it I'm afraid.

Likewise. Given where we are looking to move something with 4WD would be useful so a Levante would be under consideration. However diesel is the only option it's ruled itself out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ewan

At some point I need to update my supercharged petrol Rangie, and was rather hoping that Maser would announce a petrol Levante. I've no interest in a diesel anything. Polluting, noisey, smelling, rev-less nonsense cars that they are.

If you "watched" the start of a Harry's video with your eyes closed, so had only your ears to go by and the message that it was Harry in a field on his farm, you'd swear he was driving a tractor.

Oh dear.

No offence meant to the Levante owners on here. It's just not for me with it's current engine.

Hang on a minute. I know a chap that fitted a V12 Aston Martin engine to his Rangie. Maybe he could stick a Maser 4.7 V8 in the Levante?

dem maser

I like the Levante but wouldn't (if i could afford one) buy one

Great looks for me and i would buy the diesel engine for that car but its way too expensive for what it is.....

Not as good as a RR or a Cayenne and similar money.....if not more on some specs

safrane

If you "watched" the start of a Harry's video with your eyes closed, so had only your ears to go by and the message that it was Harry in a field on his farm, you'd swear he was driving a tractor.

Oh dear.

My exact observation too Ewan

GeoffCapes

I like the Levante but wouldn't (if i could afford one) buy one

Great looks for me and i would buy the diesel engine for that car but its way too expensive for what it is.....

Not as good as a RR or a Cayenne and similar money.....if not more on some specs

A RR is almost double the price and a decent spec Porker is about 30k more.
Not really like for like.

StuartW

I do like an SUV but personally, I think the British and Japanese do them best. If I want a sports car, I buy Italian but I am not sure I would buy an Italian 4x4. I have had a few Japanese trucks and SUVs and this was my favourite by far -

PDRM0943.jpg

A Pajero Evolution MIVEC V6 which was just an incredible drive and so well planted for an off roader. 150mph & 0-60 in around 6 seconds! They're a future classic for sure with not many having been made and only in white, silver or red. They're around £10k and I can see myself getting another one in the future

Sorry for the thread drift!

dem maser

I do like an SUV but personally, I think the British and Japanese do them best. If I want a sports car, I buy Italian but I am not sure I would buy an Italian 4x4. I have had a few Japanese trucks and SUVs and this was my favourite by far -

View attachment 41634

A Pajero Evolution MIVEC V6 which was just an incredible drive and so well planted for an off roader. 150mph & 0-60 in around 6 seconds! They're a future classic for sure with not many having been made and only in white, silver or red. They're around £10k and I can see myself getting another one in the future

Sorry for the thread drift!

i do like the Pajero, nearly got a Pinin Sport years ago

Andyk

Thought I may have seen a Levante in London over the last few days but not one....Shed load of Range Rover and Range Rover Sports and must say they certainly are very imposing these days.

safrane

Saw one at the Overfinch showrooms on Monday...maybe they are planning to upgrade them???

Rwc13

Done nearly 3k miles in mine in two months. It has been utterly faultless and, I have to say, I've enjoyed every mile driven. Is it better than a RR Sport or a Cayenne? I don't know. Better to everyone will mean different things. But am I happy with it........absolutely yes. And I hope they remain a relatively rare site on our roads because that will keep it feeling that bit more special, certainly compared to RR Sports which are everywhere. So please Maserati, sell just enough to deliver the funds for a new GT, but no more.

Andyk

Sounds like you are smitten...Glad it's all good.....you are right about the RR they were every where when I was in London over the last two days....and let's face it an odd place for so many to be...fashion statement for most.

Ewan

Not just a fashion statement Andy. People also buy them because they are, for most of the time and in most situations, the best of the breed. Easily the most luxurious and commanding as well.

But if Maser forced a proper petrol engine in the Levante, they'd get a much bigger slice of the RRS, F-Pace, Cayenne segment. The proper RR is a different marketplace to the L, being considerably larger and more expensive.

Given the Maser brand, image and heritage I can't help but think that here in the U.K. they are selling us a little short with the current L. With its current engine it only competes with the lower rungs of its up-market competitors offerings.

IainS

I'm enjoying my Levante and think Maserati have done an excellent job with their first attempt in this market segment. I've had 3 Cayennes (V6 petrol, diesel and V8 petrol), a current model RR Sport AB diesel and a Porsche Macan Turbo. The petrol engines may sound great but the fuel consumption in these types of vehicle is very poor and filling up a large fuel tank frequently quickly becomes annoying. The Macan would drop to 14 MPG if the performance was used and even if driven like a saint struggled to hit 25 MPG. With traffic congestion as bad as it is there is rarely any opportunity to use the power of the big capacity petrol engines here and the market for them is pretty small.

Ewan

Done nearly 3k miles in mine in two months. It has been utterly faultless and, I have to say, I've enjoyed every mile driven. Is it better than a RR Sport or a Cayenne? I don't know. Better to everyone will mean different things. But am I happy with it........absolutely yes. And I hope they remain a relatively rare site on our roads because that will keep it feeling that bit more special, certainly compared to RR Sports which are everywhere. So please Maserati, sell just enough to deliver the funds for a new GT, but no more.

Rwc13 please stop posting. Every time I see your avatar I wished I'd bid more at the auction for your Ghibli. It looks gorgeous!!!!