Anyone had a difficult first few months but gone on to love the car?

CatmanV2

1) No it shouldn't be, but there seems to be recurring issues where some of the computers are not going to sleep as they should. The spec is that the sleeping current draw is something 35mA (from memory) which should mean the car will sit there for *ages*.How you deal with this is a matter of personal approach. I find it easier just to plug mine in whenever I leave it. I don't buy the short trips thing. I did the maths a couple of years back and it simply doesn't stack up.

2) Don't use the EPB. It's rubbish, un-needed and you're just asking for trouble. It's a problem looking for a solution (IMHO)

C

Ebenezer

Always leave the EPB OFF if you can. It will stick and eventually you'll be on the low loader thread. I know full well from experience :-(
Eb

StuartW

2) Don't use the EPB. It's rubbish, un-needed and you're just asking for trouble. It's a problem looking for a solution (IMHO)

C

Agreed, the gear engages when you switch off anyway so there is no need for it. The only time I use mine is when I park on my drive, which has a slope, and get out to open the gate while leaving the engine running

rockits

Can you get the QP V parked without the EPB kicking in? Mine seems to come on by itself when I have not asked for it to. Trouble is it doesn't auto turn off when you pull away so is upside down in its operation IMHO.

CatmanV2

On the GT you have to press the 'Park Off' button before you turn the engine off. Not sure if the QP is the same.

C

MrMickS

Maybe they've fixed it in the Ghibli. I use the EPB all the time, never had an issue. It is engaged manually though, rather than automatically.

bigbob

I agree that the EPB is poor and will lock on if you leave it parked up for a while but you guys do need to use it from time to time as it needs to function to,pass an MOT. I do this by not pressing Park Off when I park the car at work but always press it when I am at home and the car is being parked for longer.

Ebenezer

Can you get the QP V parked without the EPB kicking in? Mine seems to come on by itself when I have not asked for it to. Trouble is it doesn't auto turn off when you pull away so is upside down in its operation IMHO.

You have to press the EPB off button for several seconds and see the acknowledgement in the display each time before turning off the engine. It's not something you can set and forget

Eb

Contigo

Sponsor
Oh and just to add some more to this, I always now turn my EPB off in this weather even on overnight layup's but my car has started becoming a pain to move even without it on so somewhere the pads are binding to the discs and it needs a few attempts forward and backwards before it frees the car up. These cars in the winter are shite!

Contigo

Sponsor
Plus my tracking is out and it's scrubbed the tyres and it wallows like a granny on acid. When it had the new lower and upper arm it should have been realigned but it wasn't.

CatmanV2

I agree that the EPB is poor and will lock on if you leave it parked up for a while but you guys do need to use it from time to time as it needs to function to,pass an MOT. I do this by not pressing Park Off when I park the car at work but always press it when I am at home and the car is being parked for longer.

Yep. This is a fair point. Fortunately I'm senile enough that I forget to turn it off reasonably often :)

C

CatmanV2

Oh and just to add some more to this, I always now turn my EPB off in this weather even on overnight layup's but my car has started becoming a pain to move even without it on so somewhere the pads are binding to the discs and it needs a few attempts forward and backwards before it frees the car up. These cars in the winter are shite!

Mine's not been that bad. Yet. Of course, I'm not there.

C

StuartW

Garaging certainly helps if it's possible - it's a big old car to fit into a regular garage

DrNic

I fear I'm tempting fate but... I've had none of these issues with my GTS. It is parked outside. Starts every time (admittedly I use it everyday!), EPB works as it should. Very rare slight "stick" from the brakes after parking up from being washed or in rain. Nothing different to my previous cars really.
Am I sitting on a ticking time bomb??

Nic

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk