Viva España! 2017 Euro Trip

2b1ask1

Special case
Not heard from Roger and partner but other than Terry & Stevie getting a Ross the Irish Sea I believe we are the last home, safe & sound 2,060 miles on the car, as we came off the eurotunnel and joined the lower deck I formed up behind a modern QP with **KFC Reg plate, passed them on the M20 and got a flash.

One final cheers to all for a great time. And we cannot say I've never been pi$$ed as a f@rt at a SM event now; I have witnesses!!!

conaero

Forum Owner
Today is the first day I don't go all giddy when I stand up....think I have recovered!

Was tempted to have a vodka and see if the giddiness went.

"My name is Matt and I am an alcoholic"

2b1ask1

Special case
Well I fired up the computer at 08.45 and it is now gone midday and all I have done is straighten the banks, update spreadsheets for the kids (so many finances to keep track of with 5 of them), chase a few overdue invoices and take delivery of the 'other' welder part so I can fix it later... Oh and now I find myself on here...

Reality sucks!

CAN WE GO AGAIN PLEASE???

conaero

Forum Owner
CAN WE GO AGAIN PLEASE???

The next Euro tour will be in late summer 2019 to Scandinavia. Limited places apply again and Centenary members and those who attended Viva Espana will be offered as a priority.

The group of 17 cars was just about manageable so we will be looking at no more than 20 cars/40 people for this next trip.

Newton, I know you have a Monaco run this time next year on your mind and I will support you in this and me and Wifey (probably flying down) would like to attend with Zep and I in his GS.

Zep

Newton - I will drop you a line with some route info from a banger rally I did 10 years ago, had a good route to Monaco. Calais to Strasbourg, Strasbourg to Lake Como (Via the Schlumpf Collection) , Como to Monaco (Via Monza), Monaco to Calais (With an optional stop on the way back).

Screen Shot 2017-10-06 at 18.30.25.jpg

It was good fun in this, so it would be great in the Masers.

DSC_0074.jpg

Ewan

Newton, I know you have a Monaco run this time next year on your mind and I will support you in this and me and Wifey (probably flying down) would like to attend with Zep and I in his GS.

If there is a Monaco run and it is timed for late Sept (as was this Spanish tour), it could tie in with the Super-Yacht Show. It's quite a sight, with toys up to a value of about £200million. Plus a car section (mainly Lamborghinis and Maclarens this year). Tickets are usually around £150 a head but I could certainly get in 40 of you FOC and arrange some drinks. Just thought it worth mentioning.

2b1ask1

Special case
If there is a Monaco run and it is timed for late Sept (as was this Spanish tour), it could tie in with the Super-Yacht Show. It's quite a sight, with toys up to a value of about £200million. Plus a car section (mainly Lamborghinis and Maclarens this year). Tickets are usually around £150 a head but I could certainly get in 40 of you FOC and arrange some drinks. Just thought it worth mentioning.

Sounds interesting Ewan.

safrane

We may be in that part of Europe on our holidays too, so may be able to join for a day or so.

The boat show would be nice as the timing of it has traditionally spoilt our enjoyment of the riviera due to all the screens erected around the marina and the lack of view.

Nayf

Hello all - we're testing the water for a ‘Your Trips' section of Modern Classics, to run as part of the ‘Your Drives' section of the mag. Would you like this year's Spanish trip to form part of it?

D Walker

Judging by the fact we’ve never seen any photos from this trip I’m guessing there is nothing suitable for publishing to the outer world!