Viva España! 2017 Euro Trip

Dan!

Jealousy is an ugly trait. As far as I'm aware there's a place still available.

If you tell me you haven't got the cash, I can get you a sales job paying £1,000 a deal, and you'll get 3 deals a week on average. I can get you that job tomorrow and you'll be making money by Friday, paid next Friday.

If you don't like your situation, do something about it.

Call me of you want to do something.

This post may sound a little harsh, but Dem I've known you long enough and know you well enough that sometime's you need a kick up the ****.

Crofty

Thanks Guys,

Booked Zahra a flight, Bristol to Barca Landing at 15:40.

See you in a couple of weeks.

2b1ask1

Special case
Jealousy is an ugly trait. As far as I'm aware there's a place still available.

If you tell me you haven't got the cash, I can get you a sales job paying £1,000 a deal, and you'll get 3 deals a week on average. I can get you that job tomorrow and you'll be making money by Friday, paid next Friday.

If you don't like your situation, do something about it.

Call me of you want to do something.

This post may sound a little harsh, but Dem I've known you long enough and know you well enough that sometime's you need a kick up the ****.

This ^^^^ Dem!

GeoffCapes

Yep Adam, gala meal at 8pm on the Thurs most are landing at Barca at 4 ish then sharing a minibus shuttle.

Won't be able to do this unfortunately.

We have Alex's cousins wedding to go to. And I have been told I have to go.
It's my idea of **** as they are religious nut jobs!
Wouldn't surprise me if it was a dry reception!

stevo

I've booked Alexandra from Luton at 12:50 arriving 16:00 on thursday. Anyone else on this flight. I had assumed I would pick her up at airport is the consensus to use taxi?

stevo

Yep Adam, gala meal at 8pm on the Thurs most are landing at Barca at 4 ish then sharing a minibus shuttle.

Really like the new arrangements. should have read this post first as i have asked about transport from airport.

2b1ask1

Special case
There are a few partners flying in around the same time, we should be able to arrange a common transport such as a luxury taxi or minibus to bring them all to the hotel.

2b1ask1

Special case
Just had to amend the tail end of Jeanette and my follow-on holiday as on checking her diary she has a meeting with the professors running her doctorate at the British Library on Friday 6th October she hadn't noticed! Fortunately to amend the tunnel only cost £12 so I'm not grumbling too much, just a bit miffed it will now be a dash across France rather than a tour!

2b1ask1

Special case
As the basics are now firmed up, some details need attention; extras you will need for European driving, given most if not all are going to be returning through France they have the greatest list of daft things.

Bulb set
First aid kit
Triangle
2 x Froggy approved breathalysers
Fluorescent vest for each occupant of the car (in the car not the boot)
Lamp adapters (not needed for HID's)
GB badge or rear numberplate

Also suggest toll tags (there are some toll motorways in Spain) worth signing up for the service.

Any I've missed?

Dan!

Take all car related docs with you too.

Although I got pulled a couple of years ago without any docs or even my driving licence and whilst the copper was pretty exasperated nothing came of it.

Likewise this year in was stopped getting off the ferry I had no docs for the Clio I'd borrowed, although I did have a t-shirt with HPE automotive printed on it that matched the private plate on the Clio which was sufficient to let me into France.

Probably easier to just take your docs though.

Crofty

Take all car related docs with you too.

Although I got pulled a couple of years ago without any docs or even my driving licence and whilst the copper was pretty exasperated nothing came of it.

Likewise this year in was stopped getting off the ferry I had no docs for the Clio I'd borrowed, although I did have a t-shirt with HPE automotive printed on it that matched the private plate on the Clio which was sufficient to let me into France.

Probably easier to just take your docs though.

But you were in the office a long time, and came out walking a bit funny with a big grin!

Doohickey

Velociraptor
When you say "docs" what do you mean?
Eb

Full list of what you need here:

http://drive-france.com/checklist/

There's also a requirement for heavily polluting cars (a category for which we all qualify) to have a sticker displayed if you're going to be using the Peripherique round Paris to get to the Channel ports.

Also suggest toll tags (there are some toll motorways in Spain) worth signing up for the service.

Any I've missed?

The toll tags are a great idea and the French version take the money straight out of your British bank account. Does the same one work in Spain?

Ebenezer

Thanks Doohickey that's great!. What about Spain though? Do the French requirements cover the Spanish ones?

Eb

conaero

Forum Owner
Well, as we can all see, its kicking off in Spain at the mo, such a sad state of affairs.

Not that I will be swayed by these bastards but we will have to have our whits about us in Lloret de Mar.

D Walker

Well said,
The day you change your plans or start planning for "what if" every day is the day they have won.