Ferrari 458 hits 6 in Battersea

conaero

Forum Owner
As I found out on the Xmas doo, the road conditions at the moment don't encourage spirited driving....far to greasy out there at the mo.

FIFTY

As I found out on the Xmas doo, the road conditions at the moment don't encourage spirited driving....far to greasy out there at the mo.

Totally agree. I was out in the 4200 last week before going on holiday and just looking to the throttle wrong caused wheel spin; the back end stepping out, msp light flashing at me - this is after all new track rods ends and hunter tracking done. Got to treat these cars with respect even in ideal conditions.

I can't get on the bbc annoyingly and my VPN does not work (so glad that SM is not blocked)... Did they hit another car or pedestrians??

Contigo

Sponsor
Totally agree. I was out in the 4200 last week before going on holiday and just looking to the throttle wrong caused wheel spin; the back end stepping out, msp light flashing at me - this is after all new track rods ends and hunter tracking done. Got to treat these cars with respect even in ideal conditions.

I can't get on the bbc annoyingly and my VPN does not work (so glad that SM is not blocked)... Did they hit another car or pedestrians??

6 pedestrians hit, one of them thrown over a bridge into the back window of a car sitting below.

As I said, driver can't handle it. Only put your foot down when you expect the back end to overtake the front end and have the talent to catch it. I like greasy roads personally but if you are not used to it then it can be daunting.

Needamaser

Yep. That horrid molasses / salt combo

C
They tried that mixture here but think they have gone back to grit/salt now.
Story was that the molasses stuck to metalwork and rusted like there was no tomorrow as it wouldn't wash off easily.
Heard it was stopped being used abroad as people were suing for damage to their vehicles. Not sure if that was true.
It seized solid (and I mean solid) a chain on a bike which had been washed down at the end of the ride in 3 days. I needed a grinder to get it off.

Corranga

True, but all down to driver at the end of the day.

I think in this case, you'd be hard pushed to justify EVER putting the foot down / spirited driving. I mean we are talking about Battersea and a Ferrari 458 - unless my memory of the roads in Battersea is wrong, I recall it being an inner city residential area...!

StuartW

This isn't far from where I was born - this particular section is quite open & wide and does give the impression that you could put your foot down a bit but boy, did this driver miscalculate. I hope that the victims are ok

Contigo

Sponsor
So fortunate that no one was maimed or killed looking at the railings (spiked) and the fall into the car below.

It sounds from reading that Daily Fail article that it was a hit and run attack as the driver did a U turn and came back!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-smashes-pedestrians-busy-London-street.html

3B4FA64D00000578-4024822-The_250_000_red_sports_car_is_said_to_have_sent_at_least_one_ped-a-52_1481557045837.jpg