Facelift 4200 Spyder

safrane

Been up a few time since the end of summer...does look nice thou.

One thing with the Spyder is they frequently have poor history due to low use.

spkennyuk

I thought that was one of the cars at Le Mans last year when i saw the registration. I think that one was something 99 SPY.

Looks very nice but i still prefer the coupe.

Wack61

It's not looking like In Between Maserati's is going to be your signature for long :)

D Walker

It's not looking like In Between Maserati's is going to be your signature for long :)

Lets just say I a actively perusing, problem is I want a coupe but sensible me says 4 doors, then the other even more sensible me says a QP is not a good idea for a daily. Given my 16k a year....

RobinL

Lets just say I a actively perusing, problem is I want a coupe but sensible me says 4 doors, then the other even more sensible me says a QP is not a good idea for a daily. Given my 16k a year....

I had the same conversations with myself? First time in a Maserati but after narrowing down to 1 of each (within my budget) for a coupe, spyder and Qp I decided only way to was to see/drive one of each.
Against the Spyder was the 2 seats - I really do need 4 even if only as a token gesture......
Against the QP was that I have had a Bentley Continental previously which did the same job (but quieter and more comfortable though just as expensive if not more so to run)

So the coupe - which I bought - I wanted the CC (masochist at heart) but believing that it is truer to the sport car roots, balance and handling are right and it feels right - so now owner of a 2004 low mileage CC

Kids have been told to get the bus or walk! They are too messy (and opinionated) to let them in!

D Walker

I had the same conversations with myself? First time in a Maserati but after narrowing down to 1 of each (within my budget) for a coupe, spyder and Qp I decided only way to was to see/drive one of each.
Against the Spyder was the 2 seats - I really do need 4 even if only as a token gesture......
Against the QP was that I have had a Bentley Continental previously which did the same job (but quieter and more comfortable though just as expensive if not more so to run)

So the coupe - which I bought - I wanted the CC (masochist at heart) but believing that it is truer to the sport car roots, balance and handling are right and it feels right - so now owner of a 2004 low mileage CC

Kids have been told to get the bus or walk! They are too messy (and opinionated) to let them in!

The problem I have is at the moment, do I want another as a weekend car, my daily is getting very leggy, so if I go for a QP I can possibly stretch the budget a bit, if I want a weekend toy again I probably need to factor in another daily (currently looking @ XC 90 - lot of car for 10-12k), or accept that a QP is gong th get miles on it and fuel bill will be mahoosif !!!
Its too hard.....until a car turns up I really want - in which case all bets will be off and that will make my mind up, wish I could prioritise like some of the more sensible chaps on here......

RobinL

At the risk of upsetting a few good folk - this is a Maserati forum so common sense takes a backseat every time! (Unless a spider in which case common sense gets to stay home!)

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Wack61

Running what I'm assuming will be a 8-10 year old Maserati as a 16000 mile a year daily will cripple you financially , you've seen phil's HR Owen bills for 30k in a 3200 , depreciation due to mileage , fuel , tyres , £500 road tax a service every 8-9 months

It'd make much more sense to buy a reliable diesel and a weekend toy.

D Walker

Running what I'm assuming will be a 8-10 year old Maserati as a 16000 mile a year daily will cripple you financially , you've seen phil's HR Owen bills for 30k in a 3200 , depreciation due to mileage , fuel , tyres , £500 road tax a service every 8-9 months

It'd make much more sense to buy a reliable diesel and a weekend toy.

Yep - the conclusion I am coming too, phase 1 starts
tomorrow-taking the missus to look at an Audi A1 - That will free up her Fiat 500, scrap the Passat and then.........hunt!!!!