Grabbed her- 03 Spyder with 30K miles has joined the stable

Kartherma

I wanted to take a minute to thank you guys for the kind words of encouragement in your welcomes and answers to my newbie questions.

Took the final step and grabbed the girl for my garage. (well, I live in a huge condo building so she's tucked safely in the parking garage next to a neighbors Bentley GT- I think she'll get along just fine next to that...)

Anyways, now begins a long trek of minor 'fixes' and 'tweaks' starting with a solid washing/polish/paint correction/sealant and finally waxing. Shortly followed by the sticky buttons and curb rash on the rims.

After I sort out the registration/title of course...

Thanks again!

Andyk

A big well done on your purchase. You sound well please. Look forward to hearing your thoughts as you get used to her and don't forget to post some pictures when you get some.

Needamaser

Congratulations on the purchase. Sure you will love the ownership experience.
Someone on your side of the Pond on here does replacement/refurbishing of your sticky buttons. Lorenz?
Someone will correct me if I am wrong though.

Edit - Lorenz-GS
Almost right!

Last edited:

FIFTY

Awesome congratulations on your new purchase... it must be amazing cruising around in Hawaii in a Maserati Spyder!

Are you thinking about making it louder? Watch out the cats might go from 50k miles which is a good excuse to fettle with the exhaust

Kartherma

Keeps setting off alarms in the condo parking garage. 5 stories of cars to drive past just to get out into the wild.
I've considered going after the exhaust, but it is plenty loud and there are many other things I aim to sort out first.

On another note, picked up a proper set up for video documenting things as I go through them. Pics will be much better with this rig as well. so... soon I will be able to post better pictures. (Spoiler alert- there are some rashes on the wheels that might make a sensitive reader cringe...)

philw696

Can't beat exhaust music for pleasure.
Parked in the Auckland Museum underground car park in mine yesterday and the acoustics pretty good in there.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
K, you can make 4200s an awful lot louder than you might think possible and, in a spyder with the roof down, you are in pole position to appreciate it!