White 2seater Stradale - Dick Lovett

bigbob

I think the myth of the Stradale having better residuals than the GTS will become reality largely due to the fact that people don't drive the Stradale. As with all rare cars, if the miles stay low then the values will be strong. Eats at me a bit as I buy cars to drive them - my GTS Auto is only a tad older than this Stradale and I am knocking the door on 40,000 miles.

Contigo

Sponsor
Agreed, It's like saying, I owned a strad but didn't really experience it much because I only did 11k miles in 5 years. What's the point?

Ewan

Of course the Strad will have the best residuals. It's the rare one, the lightest, the fastest, the top of the tree. It has genuine collectibility already, unlike the standard GTS.

As for use, many of my cars do less than 2k miles per year, and I find that plenty enough. I used the MCV yesterday for the first time in 2 months and did about 15 thoroughly enjoyable miles on dry roads in the bright sunshine. But it's quite likely not to see the roads again until March. Why would I want to drive it in the rain and salt of the depths of winter? Same goes for my old SL and classic Ferraris - I wouldn't want to subject them to the perils of the U.K. winter roads. I get plenty of pleasure from them even though they only do modest mileages. And with the Venturi being in storage over 100 miles away, I'll probably not even see that until I take it to France for a service in the summer.

Of course, modern Masers can take daily use. And a GTS is a very lovely car to use everyday. But I think Strads are best kept for special occasions.

bigbob

Lot of sense in that. As these cars get past 'modern' then that is fully understandable especially if you own a few like you do. To my mind, though, when a car is 'modern' then it should be used to a greater extent, certainly, by the first owner so that they enjoy it rather than preserving it for the third or fourth owner.

Let's face it the guy that owned that Strad for four of five years has dropped £50k so why no enjoy it more?

conaero

Forum Owner
Agree but I feel they will drop more before they recover.

I see this happening when the replacement model comes out in a year/18 months.

Then they will hit their floor (where that is I don't know but feel they will always start with a 5 or 6 and not drop to stating with a 4) then do an MCV and be worth 75% of what they were new at 10 years old.

This brings me back to the GranSports. If a Merak can be worth £100k, and lets face it, its a lovely looking period Maserati but its not a great car in an engineering sense, then where will the GS go and when? With the V6 direction induced by Global Emissions, the demand for V8 Maseratis will surely be very strong in the future classic market.

I know we should never buy to make money and agree they should be driven....its just I know in years to come I will be kicking myself for selling it.

MrCoop

Matt, just keep the GS. I've come to the decision that I'm not selling the GS to (part) fund the next car, and so I'm just going to have to work harder! Like you, I have a feeling that the GS will go ballistic and I don't want the regret that I have with some other cars I've owned in the past, which I sold, only for them to be selling for silly figures now.

ChrisQP09

Ahh, it looked unreal for the price. I believe it's the same one owned by the Morelli family, famous for the ice cream in NI.

Ewan

Like in the MC-V GranSport - the seats make a huge difference in the feel of the car. They really set the scene and provide the sense of occasion. A late 4 seat Strad has 10bhp more than an early 2 seat car - but for what real benefit? None. It's the 2 seater that feels faster and more special.

MrMickS

Oh. That black one is very nice. Need to win the lottery tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rex B

They do look nice in black especially with the dark carbon discs and dark wheels, if you are looking for a 2 seated the ones with roll cages and full harness belts will be the rarest of all. Would also be looking for a good warranty from DL as protection for 2 years.

Rex B