Apple TV or Amazon Firestick?

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
You have to also consider Amazon Tv Box vs Amazon Firestick.
I have the box and it is much more powerful with regard to the processor used, and is instant not laggy at all. Infact I have VLC player installed and it will happily decode movies stored on our NAS via WiFi and send it to the telly no problem at all!

MrMickS

Just bought the Fire TV stick for my in-laws. Easy to setup and works fine for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAF260

Just came back and read through this, I love the way this forum goes off and on topic so quickly!

Plenty of technobabble that I have zero understanding of and even less inclination to try. Thanks for all the replies - I bought a Firestick and connected it yesterday, seems good so far. I'll load Kodi on to it later this week and see how I get on.

alfatwo

Just came back and read through this, I love the way this forum goes off and on topic so quickly!

Plenty of technobabble that I have zero understanding of and even less inclination to try. Thanks for all the replies - I bought a Firestick and connected it yesterday, seems good so far. I'll load Kodi on to it later this week and see how I get on.

I thought the standard Firestick was great to get on with from a pensioners point of view...so what's all this Kodi stuff about!

Dave

conaero

Forum Owner
Kodi is a program (Android App) that you install on an Amazon FireStick which is a HDMI box that plugs into the back of your TV and costs £30

Kodi is a sort of media browser same as what Smart TVs do. Once installed you add the repositories of content (Gem TV/Exodus/Phoenix etc), films, TV shows, Sport etc then you view it as either a live stream (Live TV) or streamed movies like box office on Sky.

Kodi is not an illegal program and I believe it came pre installed on some gaming platforms and you can download it from The Google Playstore for Android phones or install it on PC or MAC.

casadalloro

Got fire tv and bt vision with sport for £5 pm....gets me more than enough tv inc motoring stuff....no way will i pay sky a fortune for their stuff....

Needamaser

I thought the standard Firestick was great to get on with from a pensioners point of view...so what's all this Kodi stuff about!

Dave
Nice to realise I am not alone in wondering what this is all about!
I am on an Amazon Prime free trial at the moment.
As far as I can see it gives me (on my smart tv which I don't really understand) some rubbish TV programmes and the three muppets from Top Gear.
There are films there but if I want to watch them I have to pay.
So is this firestick and Kodi set up any better or different. I can't see why I would want to pay for either prime or firestick etc. I am not interested in sport unless it involves internal combustion engines. I suspect I am not their target audience?

blue520

Hi, Yes Kodi can be loaded straight onto your TV just type kodi into the app search. Then just download one of the up to date builds. Youtube has loads of very easy to follow guides.