Cocnours winning 1981 RHD Merak SS for sale - the best!

merak_ss

Well done on the sale of the Merak. What news on my old Shamal?

And what are you going to get now? Something equally lovely I hope.

There's been a huge amount of interest and one serious offer on the Shamal but not high enough to tempt me yet. If the right buyer hasn't come along by the early Springtime I'll bring her home and enjoy her for at least one more Summer if not more. Not sure what I'll buy next but it will have to be very special! I'll know when the right car comes along.

merak_ss

Congratulations on the Merak sale Ed and best of luck with the Shamal too.

Thanks Dicky (and Marios too) - I had a fantastic year and a half with the Merak, taking her to lots of shows in the Westcountry and some very memorable drives. She was always much admired - especially the colour. The new-owner-to-be is apparently very excited and he knows his stuff so this is a Merak that will continue to be pampered and want for nothing.

Rex B

I I have seen this car and it is A1 condition.l understand the comparison with the 599 but if aFerrari Dino from the same era is worth £350k then why is a Merak not worth 120k.,both pretty car's with same engine configuration and similar performance.?

Rex B

Ewan

But the 599 will work, and this (most probably) won't. Meraks are a bit of nightmare to keep going and this particular car, when owned by Ed, was usually trailered to events, not driven. As quick as Emblem could get it going again, something else would go wrong. So while it looks lovely, the restoration in truth was more cosmetic than mechanical and it is far from reliable (as best as I understand).

However, it is beautiful and I'd love it as part of an eye-candy (rather than driving) car collection.

If anyone uses interested in it, speak to Emblem and Ed first.

Belfry

I I have seen this car and it is A1 condition.l understand the comparison with the 599 but if aFerrari Dino from the same era is worth £350k then why is a Merak not worth 120k.,both pretty car's with same engine configuration and similar performance.?

Rex B

I agree. The comparison with Dino prices is exactly what tempted me into these pretty cars. I guess that time will tell if these prices represent the value of these cars. I remember thinking £75k was too much for a Dino.

This car looks lovely, as does the black one at Aston Workshops.

allandwf

I agree. The comparison with Dino prices is exactly what tempted me into these pretty cars. I guess that time will tell if these prices represent the value of these cars. I remember thinking £75k was too much for a Dino.

This car looks lovely, as does the black one at Aston Workshops.

Haha! I remember not buy one at £9.5k in 1984 ooops!