Cocnours winning 1981 RHD Merak SS for sale - the best!

Ewan

This particular car is one that presents very well, as the new paint and the interior re-trim have been completed beautifully. It is/was owned by the same chap that bought my Shamal. He sold two old Porsche 911's to buy the Merak and the Shamal, giving him a lovely instant Maserati collection in his 2 bay garage. Lucky man!

The one downside with Merak's is that they are not exactly the most reliable Maserati ever built! Think of it as a car to enjoy owning, sitting in, looking at, etc., but not so much actually using. Personally I wouldn't dream of jumping in a Merak and setting off for Italy (well, not without the Emblem support vehicle close behind). Nice idea though.

Last I saw the Shamal was still for sale at the garage near Harry Metcalf's place. Not sure whether it's been sold yet or not. Either way, it looks like the dream Maserati 2 car garage didn't last very long!

Rex B

Saw the car in June and it is immaculate and the colour suits the car, l loved it but it is different and perhaps not everybodies choice.

Rex B

allandwf

I suppose it is better than some of the 70s schemes. Orange with white and blue tartan anyone? I remember that. Mine was a sedate red with beige velour!

marios kriticos

SPONSOR: Autosheild
Well done ,
When we finished the rebuild of the interior and body work while I had the car I thought it looked fantastic
Marios

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Lovely looking vehicle, and colour combo too.
It was certainly long in the tooth and dated by '81 though.