Is there a good reason why I shouldn't buy this?

rockits

Looks like the decent stuff made decent money but the average or low rent stuff doesn't make good money. Rightly so I guess. I don't think you can go wrong with a right, rare and decent example car. Market seems to be getting wise to paying too much for average models/examples.

conaero

Forum Owner
Enjoyed a trip down 80's Avenue.

Some that jumped out, the R5 Turbo looks lovely and surprised how little the Mk1 Golf GTI and Pug 1.9's went for.

Had a chuckle at the Rovers what bags of shite!

rockits

Yup agreed. A Rover Metro GTA is certainly only worth what it went for. I never get that in 20 years time that will probably be worth much more. Why? I don't get it.

Contigo

Sponsor
Some that jumped out, the R5 Turbo looks lovely and surprised how little the Mk1 Golf GTI and Pug 1.9's went for.

Had a chuckle at the Rovers what bags of shite!

R5 Didn't sell.

They fetched little because they were dogs with patchy history.

Wack61

Yup agreed. A Rover Metro GTA is certainly only worth what it went for. I never get that in 20 years time that will probably be worth much more. Why? I don't get it.

somebody put the VVC engine out of a MGF in a metro , apparently it was a right laugh , coincidentally I parked next to a metro on monday, I couldn't believe how small it was, even the corsa next to it looked huge in comparison

Team GCR

Probably because they were a hoot to drive especially with the 1.4 K series. My dad bought an ex BSM Rover Metro 1.4SLi for my brother to learn to drive in, it was such good fun it stayed on as family hack until a few years later when my brother managed to flip it end over end! The are totally different to drive compared to the earlier Metro with the A series.

Team GCR

somebody put the VVC engine out of a MGF in a metro , apparently it was a right laugh , coincidentally I parked next to a metro on monday, I couldn't believe how small it was, even the corsa next to it looked huge in comparison

Imagine the VHPD K series with 190BHP in one, that would be a real sleeper.