Anyone looking for a cheapy?

Corranga

There is a trim piece missing on the inside of the drivers door. I wonder if it was stolen and recovered with minor dents etc. Insurance would then look at it as needing a complete respray which could come close to the 50% value mark on these cars I guess?

I think most of us would take it for current price!! ;)

Ewan

I think its Cat-D because of the mileage. Because, as we all know, Maserati's have no value once they go over 70k miles.;)

allandwf

It has quite a lot of minor issues that will all add up. Missing trim, missing headlight wash cover, the headlights look like someones taken a Brillo pad to them. The trident on the C post is broken, and the other is missing, plus the dents scratches etc, don't know whats lurking underneath. Tempted? ehhhhh.... no.

spkennyuk

The CEL is on and the wash bottle light plus one other that i cant see. Im guessing but i suspect there is a leak on the wash jet system for the lights and thats why the cover is missing as well. Pure speculation but why not put some water in to clear the light.

I think that will end up being a parts car.

Vampyrebat

The CEL is on and the wash bottle light plus one other that i cant see. Im guessing but i suspect there is a leak on the wash jet system for the lights and thats why the cover is missing as well. Pure speculation but why not put some water in to clear the light.

I think that will end up being a parts car.

I was thinking the same............One for 'Soprano Stu' me thinks!!

rockits

Interesting. Came across this guy when looking at TVR's. Some people I spoke to suggested his reputation wasn't so great. I have had no dealings personally so can't comment but eyes open I would suggest.

Corranga

Interesting. Came across this guy when looking at TVR's. Some people I spoke to suggested his reputation wasn't so great. I have had no dealings personally so can't comment but eyes open I would suggest.

Yup. TVRGlen means avoid like the plague in Lotus circles.
The general consensus is that the ads are full of lies, and the repairs are often dodgy, or hiding things (though chassis damage on and Elise is basically a write off..) and that he is rude / a pita to deal with.
This is all from internet hearsay of course, but (I think) you have to question someone willing to put the time in repairing bodywork and selling cheap rather than painting and asking for more - and I think the answer is almost always that there is something else hidden below the surface...!

In this instance, who knows. He's just spinning the car for profit, not actually doing any repair work..