The 4200/GS project near completion - Ready for sale next week

rockits

Well it has been an interesting & expensive project both financially, in time & in so many other ways! It certainly has been emotional. I had sold the car a month ago but the buyer was waiting patiently for me to complete resolution on the agreed list of issues as part of the sale.

We were all done and oh so close until this last blower issue has tipped the scales it seems. I have absorbed quite a few additional costs to keep the deal bubbling the last few weeks. I can't absorb all the blower one this time. Therefore offered a 50/50 split on these costs with the buyer. He hasn't got any further funds to add to the budget so unless I swallow another big chunk or Robert @ 3D creates a miracle the deal will be off.

Means the car will be up for sale soon and on the market. I do have some options to sell the GS wheels and/or front/back bumpers & side boards then return her back to a stock 4200.

Seems a shame as she looks great in Blu Nettuno with Giallo calipers and the polished GS alloys.

If anyone has any ideas or is interested in turning their 4200 into a GS look, feel free to let me know. As long as the numbers work I'm just interested in getting my money back.

I might keep it to use/enjoy until spring but I'm all ears. I don't need to sell or keep so have an open mind.

zagatoes30

Thats a real shame after all the effort you have put into it. The blower seems a small fix but because of its location it always had the potential to be a big bill but unfortunately it will be silly things like this that become the death nail for cars like this. I know some one whois considering a 4200 and he is looking for a project but I suspect this might be out of budget, I will drop you a PM.

rockits

Indeed a shame but in the grand scheme of things I'm still here & drawing breath.

Thanks Andy, dropped you a PM back. Newton was keen to take the GS alloys so maybe we can put together a group SM deal! It could be returned back to 4200 look at the GS kit sold off to release further cash on top of alloys.

Trouble is it is less of a project for someone now I guess. There are still improvements that can be made to the car but Beau spent money & I have spent a fair bit so it is not going to be project pricing unless the GS assets were sweated.

Depends what the project is I guess & why this car over a cheaper car. At least we know this one has had McGrath go through it & everything is known & in the open. New MOT done last week as well at request of the buyer I had even though it didn't strictly need it to end Feb 17.

Italian cars eh?!

beau

Just try advertise it as it is, I did have lots of interest in the car, the one thing that put people off was the abs light as they were worried that would be expensive, that's why I had it code read so it was a known easy/cheap fix but still then people wanted it done before they took the car, so now that's fixed and it's even more sorted I'm sure it will sell

CatmanV2

I'm not trying to be funny but with time, this is just DIY. Yes it's a big job, but its just the dash....

C

Vampyrebat

I would love to have a GS front splitter before I have my front end re-sprayed............But my wife would probably say 'Do you need to have it'??!!

philw696

Didn't someone on here successfully modify a Seat Leon one to fit nicely for not lots of money.

Vampyrebat

The classic splitter is all in one with the bumper isn't it? how did they manage that??

I would love to buy it but can't justify it at the mo. I have a big service, H- pipe to fit, Alcantara roof lining & sun visors to fit and a potential matrix failure to be done very soon at Mario's (when I get a chance). As well as having the front end re-sprayed..............But thanks for the generous offer, it is very much appreciated.

Stu