Where is the quattroporte fuses for sidelights

Phil the Brit

Could not find a thread about this guys, so need your help
Where is the O/S side light fuse located on a 2010 Quattroporte. The handbook gives the location for a USA model but not a UK one. The O/S front and rear sidelight is not working so it must be the fuse. I did initially think it was just a rear not working so I changed the rear bulb first (aren't the holders tight, had to use pliers to tighten the holder back in). Then realised front was not working either Doh!

Phil the Brit

Spent the last two hours getting bloody cold pulling fuses, checking them and putting them back from the little glove box by drivers right knee area which is where main dealer said sidelight fuses are located. Could not find one that was blown.
Gave up as it was getting too dark to see what I was doing. Went to lock car and boot auto lock would not work now, door locks would not lock from keyfob even though red led door light was flashing so now I can't lock the doors either.
Anyone want a cheap Quattroporte, this car is driving me nuts at the moment. Worse, it is pissing me off!!

Contigo

Sponsor
I'd also try a battery reset, disconnect/isolate it for 10 minutes then press and hold the unlock button until all of your windows roll down, then press and hold the lock button until all of your windows go up. repeat the roll down and roll up steps. Your locks should work after that.

Phil the Brit

I did the battery disconnect thing twice today, surprising how many electrical faults that fixes.
I didn't know about the "hold the unlock button until all of your windows roll down" and then up..........then repeat. Too dark now but I'll try that tomorrow.
Many thanks

Contigo

Sponsor
Have you looked in the manual mate? All fuse and relay locations should be in there.

Phil the Brit

Have you looked in the manual mate? All fuse and relay locations should be in there.

Looked at it a dozen times, it only tells you where the fuses are for USA sidelights which are in a different location unused on UK cars!
Useless manual for this information!

Phil the Brit

Ring Matt at Giallo, tell him Phil sent you, he will know.

I phoned Matt this morning but he also thought it was one of the drivers footwell fuses. I have checked all of them already. He suggested swopping RHS for LHS rear bulb, I'll try it but that doesn't explain front bulb going out at same time.

Phil the Brit

lights fault

So exactly the same fault has re-appeared. Fixed itself last time for 14 months!
Does anyone have a manual for a 2010 Quattroporte that has the location of the lights ecu or the relevant fuse? Info for "side marker lights" does not appear in the manual I have at home.

paulstevens64

Hi Phil,

If you look at post 10, there is a PDF manual, and on page 211 it give you the fuse and relay position for the "marker lights" in the boot fuse box. Happy hunting.

Phil the Brit

Hi Phil,

If you look at post 10, there is a PDF manual, and on page 211 it give you the fuse and relay position for the "marker lights" in the boot fuse box. Happy hunting.

Paul,
That is the PDF of the earlier Quattroporte (up to 2009) The fuse box / relay area in the luggage compartment/boot area is different on a 2010 car. I have wiggles and fiddled about with the relay (only one in my car here) and it made no difference.
I need A pdf OF A LATER ONE.

Phil the Brit

Voicey says the fuse/relay panel is the lights ECU. Tried what he told me but still not working on offside. Really strange the side lights don't have fuses!

IanU

I did the battery disconnect thing twice today, surprising how many electrical faults that fixes.
I didn't know about the "hold the unlock button until all of your windows roll down" and then up..........then repeat. Too dark now but I'll try that tomorrow.
Many thanks

Is it fair to say, as I have a number of electrical gremlins at the moment (QPV), parking sensors/adaptive headlight/front passenger window anti trap, that a battery reset is worth a try as a starter for 10? Is there anything I need to be aware of doing this as far as resetting codes or anything, or is it just like reboot of the whole car electronics?
Thanks
Ian.

Phil the Brit

Is it fair to say, as I have a number of electrical gremlins at the moment (QPV), parking sensors/adaptive headlight/front passenger window anti trap, that a battery reset is worth a try as a starter for 10? Is there anything I need to be aware of doing this as far as resetting codes or anything, or is it just like reboot of the whole car electronics?
Thanks
Ian.

Battery reset can fix a whole variety of issues and always worth a try.
Afterwards, (say one hour battery disconnected) you need to reset the clock and re-input the radio code.