Newbie in Berkshire

Paul - H

So after months of searching, test drives, research mostly on SM, I have bought a new toy.

The search started with a 2002 Spyder, looked nice, service book entries were all hand written, hood wouldn't work, independent dealer was desperate to shift it, dropped £5k within half an hour of looking at it. Found a GS that I was really keen on. But decided to widen the spread to include 3200's, brain said no, heart said yes.

Conclusion, there are a lot of cars out there with iffy service history, or to infrequent services, not that that's exclusive to Maserati's.

So finally bought a 3200 GT based on condition, how it drove, the overall feel of it, didn't go for a pre purchase inspection, (put it down to trust in the dealer and the history), mileage was not such an issue, currently 54K, it's a Manual 2001 car in Grigio Touring with Bordeaux Leather.

Collected it yesterday, weather was not great, slipped the rear wheels a couple of times, (not planned), drove the long way home 225 miles, and just laughed having tucked it away in the garage.

Looking forward to whatever ownership throws up.

highlander

Heart over brain every time! Welcome along, she will frustrate you at times but the rewards when on a dry road and you kick the twins in is........second to nothing! Get some pics up, keen to see some.

Andyk

Big warm welcome Paul....Don't forget to post some pictures of your Maserati when you get chance....Do like a 3200 in silver.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Welcome to the fold Paul. Lovely car, as good as any 3200 we've ever had.

safrane

Welcome...will keep an eye out for you when I visit tour county as I have family in Wokingham.

Paul - H

Andy, I see we share a past of BMW's and Alfa's, although not the prettiest car out there, one of my all time favourites was a Alfa 75 in 1988, in Black, 3.0 Veloce, had a company called Chaparral (I think) do some work on it, suspension, compomotive wheels, etc, etc, did 145k in 3 years, never let me down, lots of rear wheel fun, ....lots of speeding points as well

Contigo

Sponsor
Well done mate, you could have bought mine only 5 miles away lol :D

Welcome to the forums and may see you around.

philw696

Looks Great and welcome to the fold.
Heart over Head Everytime for me and one life live it.
Phil.

Contigo

Sponsor
Saw Paul in Newbury last week thought it was you!!!! Will arrange meet with Mr Beans too so we can have a nice summers evening run out with pub stop etc...

Potenza3200

Saw Paul in Newbury last week thought it was you!!!! Will arrange meet with Mr Beans too so we can have a nice summers evening run out with pub stop etc...

I remeber you mentioned this!

Sounds good mate, and perhaps Adam will show us up in his fezza?