QP bonnet / hood release latch really hard to operate

MarkMas

Chief pedant
If I pop the bonnet on my 2009 QP, it opens about 3cm, then I have to grab a passing child with tiny hands and persuade it to wiggle its fingers into the gap to feel for the plastic release handle. This handle is just out of reach until I give the kid a sharp blow on the elbow, and then the kid can just about press its finger-tips against the handle, and then I have to press down on the kid's head in order to lever up the handle, whereupon sometimes, just sometimes, the bonnet will pop open. Is this what all QP owners do, or is there a better approach?

CatmanV2

The GT has them same 3cm 'pop' but I'm not a ham fisted neanderthal, so have no issues getting the release.

This is a lie. I've had cars that are *much* easier, but I can do it myself

C

philw696

That's how they are I used to have to get the apprentice with his delicate hands to open them for me when I worked for the Dealership as you need to be double jointed.

rockits

It is certainly not the easiest one I have ever come across. Very neat mind. Probably an example of form over function. You do get used to it as I have already & only had the car a couple of weeks.