For Sale - Granturismo S MC-Shift 2008/58

Contigo

Sponsor
Thanks all, I'm pleased that's is sold but as mental as the price may look I was hardly having to beat buyers away, far from it. I guess a private sale with 50k+ miles away and that's the market value.

To be fair it was "on the market" (or advertised on here for a week or two then Pistonheads the second week) and you had no real interest BUT these cars are a tough sell privately so you just have to be patient. If you can afford to give it away and suffer some depreciation then that is fine but it is not for everyone.

It took me 12 weeks to sell my QP which was probably one of the best out there and priced well. There are lots of other cars like Frank's and my 3200 which haven't sold too but given time they will. I suppose as you say if they were priced to sell then they would have done! £33.5k from over £40k purchase in just over a year is pretty sobering though :(

D Walker

To be fair it was "on the market" (or advertised on here for a week or two then Pistonheads the second week) and you had no real interest BUT these cars are a tough sell privately so you just have to be patient. If you can afford to give it away and suffer some depreciation then that is fine but it is not for everyone.

It took me 12 weeks to sell my QP which was probably one of the best out there and priced well. There are lots of other cars like Frank's and my 3200 which haven't sold too but given time they will. I suppose as you say if they were priced to sell then they would have done! £33.5k from over £40k purchase in just over a year is pretty sobering though :(

Its a minefield with these cars and this marque IMO. narrow educated buying demography and wide skeptical publical buyer, I was sorely tempted but in my present position could not make it work. Got the cash but I covet a car and need the storage to be right, which I am working on, just need to strike the right deal, plenty of open barns etc in north yorkshire - just a case of educating the idiots they are not worth more than they think they are - I cant work it out, would you rather earn something rather than nothing !!!!

D Walker

Storage? I'm not sure I understand Dave. Park it on the drive or in front of the house?

Phil, we are in our van now,so in between houses, deepest darkest yorkshire while we sort invest properties... i could put it outside but it would kill me, I a working on storage and have some irons in fire. I know it doesnt suit everyone but I only did 2600 miles in the 4200 and 1600 of that was the nc 500 so I am a low user.
Do you know something, if it wasnt for the people in this forum I would just get an effing porsche!!!!!!

beau

Cars do take a while to sell, you have to stick with it and keep price firm

I have an Alfa Romeo I'm selling, it's been advertised since April ! I'm sticking firm on my price and it will sell, I have people message me and say what a nice car and it's a bargain, still hasn't sold though as you are literally just waiting for that one person sometimes

StuartW

It was for sale for a month and the buyer was the only one who came & the only serious buyer. But that's fine for me, I wanted a quick sale and yes, I've taken a bit of a hit but on to the next one. The car I am hoping to get would not have been available next year when this one may have eventually sold so everyone's happy - provided I get the next car sorted out soon of course!

BuckRog64

It's interesting to read forum members different views on private sales. I guess if you are reducing a small collection it makes sense to advertise for as long as it takes to find the right buyer. For those like me, who "only" run a family car and a weekend car, you need to take what you can get for it if you want to make the change. Assuming the trader achieves £38k for Stuart's car, surely the best Stuart could have expected for a private sale is £35k? So I still think you did pretty well Stuart for a quick efficient sale.

My current frustration is buying rather than selling. I got what I wanted for my Porsche privately but It looks like I would have to pay high teens for a good 3200 manual if one becomes available plus set aside a decent maintenance budget. So, with GTS prices becoming within reach I think I may go straight for one of them as my first Maserati.

bigbob

That spread from London retail to trade sale in November is not that silly for the type of car irrespective on the fact that it is a Maserati. I hope the new car is worth it as what you have sold sounded great!