For Sale - Granturismo S MC-Shift 2008/58

Needamaser

Discussed prices with a couple of folk on here in last few days as I may be moving onto something else.
The GT should be on a par with comparable Aston V8 Vantage with their 4.3 and 4.7 offerings, but they are not.
It is the old problem not of the 4.2 being too dear but the 4.7 being too cheap.
Throw in the paranoia over mileage in a Maserati and that kills some sales completely.

Andyk

Yes there are a few MC Shift 4.7's at dealers dipping into the 37/38k in the classifieds. Not many mind you. Your black car with cream and black alcantara looks lovely Dicky.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Yes there are a few MC Shift 4.7's at dealers dipping into the 37/38k in the classifieds. Not many mind you. Your black car with cream and black alcantara looks lovely Dicky.

Thanks Andy, it's absolutely immaculate, real tight car too.

Contigo

Sponsor
As can be seen from this comparison link, Stuarts car does seem great vfm, as in its the cheapest and probably one of the most sorted cars,

I did 2008/09 cars over 4.5l engine and over under £50k

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...ortOptions=Location&YearFrom=2008&YearTo=2009

Same parameters on autotrader

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-sea...08&year-to=2009&minimum-badge-engine-size=4.5

Few private cars at £35k-£36k and the average price of the rest is actually over £40k for 2009/10 cars. Premium for MCS cars.

StuartW

Excellent debate here guys.

I agree with much that has been said and I know that people prefer to buy from a garage for the warranty & peace of mind but this is why I had it serviced a little early and replaced all of the tyres so that there is nothing at all mechanically that needs to be done with the car having a clean bill of health. I also am keen to sell to move onto my next car which is why I have priced it as low as I have, of course I am making a loss and could possibly hold out for more but I am impatient for my next purchase and feel that there is nothing to hide with this car.

If it sells soon at this price then great, this is what the car is worth but let's see. Right now, only you good people on SM know about it but I will list it on PH, probably tomorrow night, at a slightly higher price and let's see what happens - then we'll have a better idea of what the market is doing. But of course I hope to sell it to one of you good folk on here!

D Walker

Best of luck Stuart,

If it had been a month, 6 weeks later, who knows, yours is one of the few with Alcantara inserts which I prefer after a week in Ho-yins car....

All ready said it must be one of the best prepared for sale cars out there.

Mind...SWMBO is saying I have to replace her car first.

D Walker

I didn't haggle ADG on mine paid sticker price for it.

Really - Was yours even advertised - mind they do seem to price very well to sell - with warranty??

I am **** at both buying and selling cars - I hate the whole process which was why I was happy to use Dicky last time.

GeoffCapes

Excellent debate here guys.

I agree with much that has been said and I know that people prefer to buy from a garage for the warranty & peace of mind but this is why I had it serviced a little early and replaced all of the tyres so that there is nothing at all mechanically that needs to be done with the car having a clean bill of health. I also am keen to sell to move onto my next car which is why I have priced it as low as I have, of course I am making a loss and could possibly hold out for more but I am impatient for my next purchase and feel that there is nothing to hide with this car.

If it sells soon at this price then great, this is what the car is worth but let's see. Right now, only you good people on SM know about it but I will list it on PH, probably tomorrow night, at a slightly higher price and let's see what happens - then we'll have a better idea of what the market is doing. But of course I hope to sell it to one of you good folk on here!

If I wasn't about to expand into the USA (imminent) it would be sitting on my drive (whilst I remove stuff from the garage).
I personally think it is excellent value, even without a dealer warranty.

I'm not sure why MCS's are so close to 4.2's in price. To me it doesn't make sense.
Whoever buys it will get an absolute bargain (IMHO).

Contigo

Sponsor
Really - Was yours even advertised - mind they do seem to price very well to sell - with warranty??

I am **** at both buying and selling cars - I hate the whole process which was why I was happy to use Dicky last time.

It was listed for 24 hours and it had lots of calls so I had to act on it. Deposit paid same day as I saw advert without having seen the car. At least now with new clutch, variators done and few other new bits I know I have a well sorted car.

D Walker

Indeed - how many miles was on yours then? was it close to the 40-50k for clutch.
Exactly why myself and Mark see Stuarts car as a really good sensible sorted car, I have the readies but until the house has gone through I cant commit.