Buying a Ghibli !!!!

christianm

Im considering buying a Ghibli as a daily, id only be doing 400-500 miles per month so looking at a 2 year old petrol or diesel one that the other half can drive, looking at prices they seem similar prices to a older GT which i owned already, but as the other half would be driving it i was looking for something similar to a 5 series due to a having a new baby.I didnt have the GT long enough and feel like id want another one but really need something the other half can use daily also when needed to cart shopping kid around.Are they really that bad as the reviews?

Rwc13

No they aren't. Ignore the motoring journalists and go drive one. They are both terrific cars but my personal preference is the diesel as a daily driver. But I'm lucky enough to have a petrol V8 as a weekend car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMickS

Had a test drive in an S and couldn't find any reasons not to buy it. It's a lovely car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ewan

It would have to be the petrol for me. But not just for environmental reasons. Higher revs, better sound, nicer smell, and doesn't make you think "taxi" every time you turn the key.

outrun

Yup, petrol every day of the week especially considering the intended mileage. Also look at the 2nd hand values of petrol vs diesel. The numbers don't lie.

StuartW

I've been in a diesel today as a courtesy car and as nice as it is, it certainly lacks a little something off the mark. I know it's not designed for a quick getaway but I will think twice about pulling out between a tractor and a bus again! I haven't tried the petrol but I'm sure it will feel a whole lot better

Rwc13

I've been in a diesel today as a courtesy car and as nice as it is, it certainly lacks a little something off the mark. I know it's not designed for a quick getaway but I will think twice about pulling out between a tractor and a bus again! I haven't tried the petrol but I'm sure it will feel a whole lot better

That'll be the turbo lag of the petrol ;)

MrMickS

Petrol with a Larini then !

Definitely test drive the S as well as the normal one. There are some good deals on the S and for the miles you are planning to do you won't notice the economy difference but will notice the performance.

outrun

Agree with MrMick here. If you can stretch to an S, do so. If not, buy a regular petrol. If you're serious about an exhaust mod, i'd look at the Remus over the Larini. It's deeper and more suited to the v6.