Seeking 3200 manual

BuckRog64

Thanks for the welcome gents and good advice. In particular I agree that cars such as these tend to perform better with less reliability issues when driven regularly and serviced annually.

Brad, we have had dialogue re your car and you know where I'm at!

Pete

Braderz123

Thanks for the welcome gents and good advice. In particular I agree that cars such as these tend to perform better with less reliability issues when driven regularly and serviced annually.

Brad, we have had dialogue re your car and you know where I'm at!

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thought we have spoken before.

The offer is to low we both know that. The guys comments speak volumes - pushing the budget is the sensible thing to do.

I am willing to piece a deal together but it needs to be sensible.

Contigo

Sponsor
Or you can have my auto which is really good, best 3200 I've driven and seen for £16k.

Contigo

Sponsor
He does but buy on condition not because you want a 01/02 and to be fair cars with all the bits sorted are as good as the later cars.

allandwf

They are, but I would pay a bit extra for OBDII compliant, just for simplicity, unless it came with the lead and stuff

alfatwo

Pete...Any cars for sale from the hooligan's on here are going to be first class, there might be a little bit of wheeling and dealing going on from time to time but hey

The guys on here are proper...I'd still stick with a manual 3200GT though ;)

Dave

BuckRog64

Looks good and sensibly priced. Noting the mileage does anyone know how much an Indie typically charges for the big 68k miles engine out timing belt service?

I'm actually going to see a 2000 W manual silver/black leather car tomorrow, which has done 71k miles and had the big service done last year.

alfatwo

You don't have to take the engine out to replace the rear timing chains, they can be done in situ, belts every 3 years or so..

You might want to check for crank shaft thrust washer wear (end float) too, the heavy clutches give them a hard time especially if the car was used mostly in town when they were new

This needs to be done with a dial gauge either fitted to the front pulley or the flywheel

Dave

Contigo

Sponsor
Looks good and sensibly priced. Noting the mileage does anyone know how much an Indie typically charges for the big 68k miles engine out timing belt service?

I'm actually going to see a 2000 W manual silver/black leather car tomorrow, which has done 71k miles and had the big service done last year.

As good as you are going to get. A sorted car from an enthusiast!

greeny12

Emblem Sports Cars, a preferred indie for quite a few of us on here, quotes a 20 hour job for the timing chain service if that's any help.

GeoffCapes

They calling Giallo for a quote on the job too, they are very close to you. Shiltech in Loughborough are also a good bunch and have done plenty of these before

Giallo are moving to Tunbridge Wells, if they haven't already.